K8M800 chipset

Old December 24th 04, 10:02 PM
Sept1967

Default K8M800 chipset

DFI K8M800-MLVF

Anyone know what settings, or KT800 chipset this is close enough to, for
motherboard monitor to work for fan and temp monitoring?

Every K8 chipset I choose in MBM settings, temps are wildly off, swinging
to -f to 200+f .

Old December 25th 04, 04:24 AM
Wes Newell

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 14:02:16 -0800, Sept1967 wrote:

DFI K8M800-MLVF

Anyone know what settings, or KT800 chipset this is close enough to, for
motherboard monitor to work for fan and temp monitoring?

Every K8 chipset I choose in MBM settings, temps are wildly off, swinging
to -f to 200+f .

Try a K7 VIA chipset board from the same manufacturer. Then manually
configure the proper sensor to the proper temp/voltage. It would help if
you knew what sensor chip your board uses.

I've got a Jteway S755MAX, and IIRC I used The ECS K7S5A MB in MBM and
then reconfigured it to the proper sensors of my board. I chose the ECS
board simply because it too has a SIS chipset.

Old December 26th 04, 06:18 PM
Sept1967

Good call. Every A64 board the wizard offered was an SiS monitor (none
worked on this board). Finally one offered an LM80 sensor - local, remote,
and it works now.

CPU & Case temps, and CPU fan rpm header work. I would guess, the
motherboard just doesnt monitor the second fan header for case, nothing
comes up at any fan setting.