so now we got SLI what about non SLI pci boards?

Old December 16th 04, 08:54 AM
Anthony

Default so now we got SLI what about non SLI pci boards?

WHEN?!?!! LOL I dont care about SLI !!!

hehe

Anthony

Old December 16th 04, 01:14 PM
Dee

Anthony wrote:
WHEN?!?!! LOL I dont care about SLI !!!

hehe

Anthony

There are non-SLI boards in the mill, too. The SLI is for dual video
cards and will be on the top end boards. Single PCI-express slot boards
will be non-SLI since they won't have any way to split the video between
2 cards!

Old December 16th 04, 02:53 PM
Anthony

AHH I KNOW WHAT SLI IS GEEZ I BEEN AROUND SINCE 3dfx! I just wanan know when
the ultra and standard PCI express amd 64 939 and 754 sockets will be
availble. lol

Anthony

Old December 16th 04, 03:33 PM
Dee

"Dee" wrote in message

Anthony wrote:

WHEN?!?!! LOL I dont care about SLI !!!

hehe

Anthony

There are non-SLI boards in the mill, too. The SLI is for dual video
cards and will be on the top end boards. Single PCI-express slot boards
will be non-SLI since they won't have any way to split the video between 2
cards!

MSI has a total of 4 socket 939 boards with PCI-e, one of those is SLI.

I have seen references to socket 754 boards with PCI-e, but I don't
think they're supposed to be available until after the 1st of the year.

Old December 16th 04, 03:52 PM
Anthony

ECS has one coming out to guess I will just wait till january or stop being
cheap and get a 939 cpu even though performance wise isnt really noticable
just want a clear path to upgrade

so many choices and I am so impatient sometimes lol

Anthony

"Dee" wrote in message
news

Old December 16th 04, 05:34 PM

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 07:53:33 -0600, "Anthony"
wrote:

AHH I KNOW WHAT SLI IS GEEZ I BEEN AROUND SINCE 3dfx!

Yeah and it went away quick with the voodoo3.

I'm already laughing at the soon to be obsolete nonsense designed to
take your money.

cha ching.

cha ching.

LOL.

Old December 16th 04, 07:41 PM
Chingy

Dude SLI has been impresive for long time since 3dfx I dunno why IT
decision maker didnt push SLI a bit earlier than as pci-x.

Well they all knew SLI is superior technology but PCI slots were a bit slow
to make use of SLI back then sufficiently, as the time went they introduced
pci-x hence SLI made a comeback..

Cheers

Old December 16th 04, 09:54 PM
Anthony

SLI is for anyone that just wants to show off thier computers. I rather
have something besides a computer in my house lol

Old December 17th 04, 03:32 PM

I respectfully disagree. Every two years or so I treat myself to a new
high-end computer because I enjoy the process of researching and building
it - not to mention playing games on it! No one but myself sees my
computer, so I'm certainly not showing it off.

And, as circumstance would have it, I'm in the process now of researching my
next system, which I will start building in January or February. If it turns
out that SLI will provide me with the highest performing system, then I will
be going with SLI.

Ken