PCI express boards?

Old November 27th 04, 04:11 PM
Anthony

Default PCI express boards?

Are their any pci express motherboards out yet? Thinking about making a
seperate system based on those and getting an 6600 gt for it.

Anthony

Old November 27th 04, 07:07 PM
Fitz

There are at least four NForce 4 chipset motherboards available (all with
PCI express). ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI and Epox are the ones I've seen. Try
Newegg.com. Keep in mind these boards require the AMD64 (754 or 939 pin)
processor.

Fitz

Old November 28th 04, 07:42 AM
Anthony

yup I know I already got a 754 board thought about getting a pci express to
get with the times but now Iam hearing talk about the agp express so I
dunno anymore lol

Anthony

Old November 28th 04, 04:39 PM
Anthony

lol ecs will they never learn?

"Satan's Little Sister" wrote in message
Thus spake Anthony:

yup I know I already got a 754 board thought about getting a pci express
get with the times but now Iam hearing talk about the agp express so I
dunno anymore lol

"AGP-express" is a kludge used by ECS to give folks an AGP connector
on intel-915 motherboards. It's PCI signaling in a AGP slot, allowing
some (not all) graphics cards to run in a slow compatibility-mode.
--
sls

Old November 28th 04, 05:59 PM
Strings.

Translation ECS=PC-Chips
http://www.stud.fernuni-hagen.de/q39...ips/links.html

http://www.stud.fernuni-hagen.de/q39...ips/usage.html

Old November 28th 04, 07:34 PM
Anthony

So when will their be a socket 754 with PCI express coming out? I see ASUS
or MSI is releasing a 939 motherboard with pci express december 29th right
after the christmas rush

Old January 7th 05, 04:25 AM
Wayne Youngman

"Anthony" wrote
So when will their be a socket 754 with PCI express coming out? I see ASUS
or MSI is releasing a 939 motherboard with pci express december 29th

right
after the christmas rush

Hi,

I wouldn't worry about getting a PCI-Express motherboard right now, give it
6-12 months to *bed in* a little bit. Unless you wanna set-up a SLI 6800
set-up for top FPS I think you can sit this one out and be happy with your
Socket 754. Talking about Socket 754 I don't think I heard of any
motherboard that has PCI-Express? I'm sure this will change though.

As far as I know AMD intend to make Socket 939 their main focus, and I heard
socket 754 was gonna be the future *value* platform (i.e: Duron/Sempron).

Wayne ][

MSI Releases NF4 boards Wookie AMD x86-64 Processors 8 November 1st 04 02:04 PM
PCI Express? Christo General 8 October 25th 04 10:25 PM
PCI Express and AMDs - from PC stats [email protected] General 0 September 9th 04 03:34 PM
$1000 to spend on a new computer Azaran2003 General 13 August 29th 04 01:07 AM
Help - questions on PCI-X and PCI Express L General 11 March 5th 04 03:43 PM