Athlon 64 3200 specs? FOR WES MAYBE ?

Old September 28th 04, 11:28 PM
Paul Wickham

Default Athlon 64 3200 specs? FOR WES MAYBE ?

Thanks for your replies it appears to be a 3200 with 512 cache well that's
what cpu info and cpuid programs show both off AMD site say one puzzling
thing as well about these two little programs is that the speed shown seems
to vary depending its mood I can run each program say ten times and get a
different processor speed shown each time. as wes seems to be the fountain
of knowledge in these matters I need the specs to set it all manually in the
bios as if I leave everything to auto I am sure its not recognising
correctly: I have corsair ddr 400 which has been switched with other memory
but always shows men clock as 166 I assume it should be 200? 2nd multiplier
seems to show as either 5 or 10 or 11 in easy tune depending on its mood
also on auto ldt clock seems to be 200 I assume it should be 800 MHz if I
use ddr 400

Old September 29th 04, 11:48 AM
JS

"Paul Wickham" wrote in
:

Thanks for your replies it appears to be a 3200 with 512 cache well
that's what cpu info and cpuid programs show both off AMD site say
one puzzling thing as well about these two little programs is that the
speed shown seems to vary depending its mood I can run each program
say ten times and get a different processor speed shown each time. as
wes seems to be the fountain of knowledge in these matters I need the
specs to set it all manually in the bios as if I leave everything to
auto I am sure its not recognising correctly: I have corsair ddr 400
which has been switched with other memory but always shows men clock
as 166 I assume it should be 200? 2nd multiplier seems to show as
either 5 or 10 or 11 in easy tune depending on its mood also on auto
ldt clock seems to be 200 I assume it should be 800 MHz if I use ddr
400

Try: (at AMD's website)

http://139.95.253.213/SRVS/CGI-
BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=13,E=0000000000175531513,K=7256,Sxi=0,Solution =4273

http://www.amd.com/us-
en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_739_7203,00.html

http://forums.amd.com/

Assuming an Athlon64, 3200+, 512MByte L2 Cache, Socket 754, you have a
Newcastle version. The memory clock should be 200MHz at full speed without
overclocking.

200MHz = DDR4 = PC3200

This processor has Simgle channel memory, so it is NOT quadpumped.

Lookup your memory on Corsair's website to determine the correct latencies
for the memory.
Old October 1st 04, 09:33 AM
JS

Try: (at AMD's website)

http://139.95.253.213/SRVS/CGI-
BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=13,E=0000000000175531513,K=7256,Sxi=0,Solution =427
3

http://www.amd.com/us-
en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_739_7203,00.html

http://forums.amd.com/

Assuming an Athlon64, 3200+, 512MByte L2 Cache, Socket 754, you have a
Newcastle version. The memory clock should be 200MHz at full speed
without overclocking.

200MHz = DDR4 = PC3200

200MHz = DDR400 = PC3200 OOOPS!

This processor has Simgle channel memory, so it is NOT quadpumped.

Lookup your memory on Corsair's website to determine the correct
latencies for the memory.

Athlon 64 3200 specs? Paul Wickham AMD x86-64 Processors 9 September 30th 04 12:13 PM
help re 3200 athlon cpu PBS General 8 July 24th 04 12:54 PM
Newbie: How much faster is the FX-53 than the Athlon 3200 ? Steve H. AMD x86-64 Processors 2 July 23rd 04 08:05 PM
AMD 64 Athlon 3200 +/Motu sound card News Group AMD x86-64 Processors 8 July 1st 04 08:51 AM
Slowest Athlon 64 humbles fastest P4 in gaming Tone-EQ Overclocking AMD Processors 1 December 15th 03 04:09 PM