video

Old September 20th 04, 05:32 AM
No Spam

Default video

Anyone know of any new high end graphics cards slated to be released
before 2005?

And any thoughts on what high end cards work best with the A64?

I have always been partial to NVIDIA but I have never used an AMD CPU
before and I am new to the 64 bit CPU arena.

Thank you.

Old September 21st 04, 05:48 AM
David Efflandt

On 20 Sep 2004 04:32:02 GMT, No Spam wrote:

Anyone know of any new high end graphics cards slated to be released
before 2005?

And any thoughts on what high end cards work best with the A64?

I have always been partial to NVIDIA but I have never used an AMD CPU
before and I am new to the 64 bit CPU arena.

For my Athlon64 3200+ (2GHz) I was going to purchase an FX 5900, but the
fastest they had at the store was 256MB FX 5700LE. It turned out to be
only twice as fast as my FX 5200XT (not fast enough), but fortunately eVGA
has a step-up program. So the 5700 was traded for a base 128MB GeForce
6800. It does 60fps high quality @ native 1280x1024 of my TFT display for
Doom3 (vsync disabled), which is sharp enough even with no AA or AF. So I
am happy.

The reason I was looking for nVidia is because I heard they have good
Linux support. The FX 5700LE was supported, but I need to update the
Linux nVidia driver for 6800 support (which works 1280x1024 in Linux
framebuffer mode evem without the new driver).

I triple boot XP Home, 64-bit XP Pro beta, and 64-bit SuSE 9.1 Linux.
I found 64-bit XP drivers for all my hardware (except winmodem), but have
no 64-bit specific programs.

Tyan K8S Pro S2882: installing a PCI video card Andy Kuo General 1 November 5th 04 03:10 AM
New Video Card AGP B&B Musmon Overclocking AMD Processors 1 August 29th 04 02:25 PM
Video problems? Kedrid General 0 February 11th 04 07:32 PM
Where to get replacement video card fan? Or maybe just use a heatsink? Vanguard General 3 September 20th 03 07:24 PM
Nforce 2 onboard video - hows it compare to a Geforce 2 GTS card? kony General 1 August 31st 03 07:30 PM