Socket A to Socket 754 convertor

Old August 26th 04, 07:04 PM
yehool

Default Socket A to Socket 754 convertor

Error: Invalid start/end news items.

Copyright 1998-2004
http://www.ocworkbench.com

"Ed" wrote in message

http://www.ocworkbench.com/ocwbcgi/n...1093263500,349
14,

Old August 26th 04, 07:20 PM
BigBadger

Here it is on ASRock's site: http://www.asrock.com/news/K7Upgrade880.htm

"Ed" wrote in message
http://www.ocworkbench.com/ocwbcgi/n...93263500,34914,

Old August 27th 04, 01:16 PM
Cuzman

"Ed" wrote in message

" ...the copy & paste ink must of ran out! "

The URL doesn't pick-up the comma at the end. Just add it manually.

Old August 28th 04, 02:41 AM
Yeremein

That's not a Socket A to Socket 754 converter at all. It's just a
socket A motherboard that has an upgrade slot that you can plug in a
Socket 754 daughterboard into!

So this doesn't allow you to plug an Athlon 64 into your existing Socket
A system. ASRock expects that you might want to buy this board with an
Athlon XP now so you have an Athlon 64 upgrade path--by spending
additional money for their daughterboard. But with nForce3 250-based
S754 boards running for as little $75 online, what's the point? You
have to buy a new CPU either way.
Old August 28th 04, 04:44 AM
Wes Newell

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 19:09:36 -0700, Bill wrote:

Ok, which one of these are you guys talking about?

http://www.asrock.com.tw/news/K8_combo-Z.htm

Nifty little board. So let's say I buy a 754 3200+ with this board today.
Now 1 year down the road I want a 4200+ 939. Ok, just pull the old cpu and
plug in the new. But I'm still stuck with the same board with no new
features that will have come along, and now I've also got an extra cpu.
Some may like this, but it's not for me. And I don't know anything about
the Ali chipset. Is it as good as the NF3-250?

http://www.asrock.com.tw/news/K8Upgrade760gx.htm

http://www.asrock.com.tw/news/K7Upgrade880.htm

These two would leave me in the same boat as the above, but I'd have to
buy the upgrade board for each. Some may find these upgrade paths
attractive, but no way would I buy any of these boards. And I do have an
Asrock K7S8XR3 board now. And it's worked great for me.

Old August 28th 04, 07:40 AM
BigBadger

"Yeremein" wrote in message
That's not a Socket A to Socket 754 converter at all. It's just a socket
A motherboard that has an upgrade slot that you can plug in a Socket 754
daughterboard into!

I never said it was a converter, I just provided a working link.... it looks
like a pointless idea to me.

Old August 28th 04, 11:42 AM
Bill

In article ,
says...
On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 19:09:36 -0700, Bill wrote:

Ok, which one of these are you guys talking about?

http://www.asrock.com.tw/news/K8_combo-Z.htm

Nifty little board. So let's say I buy a 754 3200+ with this board today.
Now 1 year down the road I want a 4200+ 939. Ok, just pull the old cpu and
plug in the new. But I'm still stuck with the same board with no new
features that will have come along, and now I've also got an extra cpu.
Some may like this, but it's not for me. And I don't know anything about
the Ali chipset. Is it as good as the NF3-250?

Damifino, I'm just tryin' to figure out who's on first.

Bill
snip
Old August 28th 04, 10:47 PM
Ed Light

Say the motherboard is $70 and the daughterboard $20. A poverty guy with a
socket A chip is building a new computer. He's longing after a sempron 3100
or A 64 2800 but waiting for prices to drop more.

It perfect for him.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Old August 28th 04, 10:50 PM
Ed Light

I think the Asrock 754/939 will be sis. Their sis 745 board is well-loved by
user reviewers on newegg.

They say it's fast and stable. But it doesn't have good overclocking
options.

I think it has cool and quiet activated.
--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\