WinXP64 1218 and ATI X800Pro video card

Old August 21st 04, 04:28 AM
KMS

Default WinXP64 1218 and ATI X800Pro video card

Hi,

Just gave a shot to this 64bit Windows... Running Athlon3500 on Asus A8V.

Everything else (except had to install regular PATA disk to set up this
windows...) went smooth but the ATI video card drivers do not install. I did
read from Anandtech that they too had a problem with X800 hardware.

The question: Anyone there having the X800 beta drivers working with
WindowsXP 64-bit edition? If so, how did you do it?

Thanks for any help or tips!
KMS

Old August 21st 04, 05:58 AM
Jason Cothran

"KMS" wrote in message

| Hi,
|
| Just gave a shot to this 64bit Windows... Running Athlon3500 on Asus A8V.
|
| Everything else (except had to install regular PATA disk to set up this
| windows...) went smooth but the ATI video card drivers do not install. I
did
| read from Anandtech that they too had a problem with X800 hardware.
|
| The question: Anyone there having the X800 beta drivers working with
| WindowsXP 64-bit edition? If so, how did you do it?

I am sure you did, but just to make sure, you did attempt the 64-bit ATI
drivers right, not the regular 32-bit ones?

Old August 21st 04, 04:32 PM
KMS

"Jason Cothran" wrote in message

"KMS" wrote in message

| Hi,
|
| Just gave a shot to this 64bit Windows... Running Athlon3500 on Asus

A8V.

| Everything else (except had to install regular PATA disk to set up this
| windows...) went smooth but the ATI video card drivers do not install. I
did
| read from Anandtech that they too had a problem with X800 hardware.
|
| The question: Anyone there having the X800 beta drivers working with
| WindowsXP 64-bit edition? If so, how did you do it?

I am sure you did, but just to make sure, you did attempt the 64-bit ATI
drivers right, not the regular 32-bit ones?

Thanks for the reminder... Yes, I did download the Windows 64-bit Beta
drivers... The control panel does install but the drivers do not.

Here is the link to Anandtech article:
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2085&p=2