Abit KV8 Pro

Old July 30th 04, 01:36 PM
Wad

Default Abit KV8 Pro

Anyone have any experience with the Abit KV8 Pro coupled with A64
3000? No overclocking just good stability. I read there were some
problems with 10x multiplier booting as 9x (Andtech)

I know there may be other chipsets that are better, but in Korea A64
boards are in short supply.

My choices are basically :

Abit KV8 Pro (VIA K8T800 PRO)
Abit KV8 - Max3 (VIA K8T800)
Asus K8V (VIA K8T800)
Asus K8V SE deluxe (VIA K8T800)
Gigabyte GA-K8NNXP (Nforce 3 150)
Soyo CK 8 Dragon (Nforce 3 150)
MSI K8T Neo FSR (VIA K8T800)
MSI K8T Neo FIS2R (VIA K8T800)
Chaintech SKT8T800 (VIA K8T800)

As far as I understand the Nforce 3 150 chipset is the worst of the
bunch so which do I pick?

Thanks,

Wad
Old July 31st 04, 09:46 AM
Wad

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 01:44:32 -0500, Ed wrote:

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 21:36:17 +0900, Wad wrote:

Abit KV8 Pro (VIA K8T800 PRO)
Abit KV8 - Max3 (VIA K8T800)
Asus K8V (VIA K8T800)
Asus K8V SE deluxe (VIA K8T800)
Gigabyte GA-K8NNXP (Nforce 3 150)
Soyo CK 8 Dragon (Nforce 3 150)
MSI K8T Neo FSR (VIA K8T800)
MSI K8T Neo FIS2R (VIA K8T800)
Chaintech SKT8T800 (VIA K8T800)

As far as I understand the Nforce 3 150 chipset is the worst of the
bunch so which do I pick?

Thanks,

Wad

I used the MSI K8T Neo FIS2R for 3 systems. No problems at all.

Good luck,
Ed

Thanks!

But isn't the K8T800 PRO a better chipset than the VIA K8T800?

Regards,

Wad

Old July 31st 04, 10:40 AM
Wes Newell

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 17:46:54 +0900, Wad wrote:

But isn't the K8T800 PRO a better chipset than the VIA K8T800?

Yes. PCI lock and faster HTP link IIRC.

Old July 31st 04, 05:25 PM
Gary Colligan

"Wad" wrote in message

Anyone have any experience with the Abit KV8 Pro coupled with A64
3000? No overclocking just good stability. I read there were some
problems with 10x multiplier booting as 9x (Andtech)

I know there may be other chipsets that are better, but in Korea A64
boards are in short supply.

My choices are basically :

Abit KV8 Pro (VIA K8T800 PRO)
Abit KV8 - Max3 (VIA K8T800)
Asus K8V (VIA K8T800)
Asus K8V SE deluxe (VIA K8T800)
Gigabyte GA-K8NNXP (Nforce 3 150)
Soyo CK 8 Dragon (Nforce 3 150)
MSI K8T Neo FSR (VIA K8T800)
MSI K8T Neo FIS2R (VIA K8T800)
Chaintech SKT8T800 (VIA K8T800)

As far as I understand the Nforce 3 150 chipset is the worst of the
bunch so which do I pick?

Thanks,

Wad

Go for a Gigabyte GA-K8NSXP (Nforce 3 250)
I have one with a A64/3000 great board..
2x2 ATA Ports.
2x2 Gigabit ITE ATA Ports [Raid}
2 SATA Nforce 3 250 ports [Raid}
2 SATA Silicon Image [Raid}