90nm process

Old July 1st 04, 07:10 AM
hchoudhryn222

Default 90nm process

Hi
I was wondering when AMD would be publishing it's first line of 90nm
processors so that there may be a chance for current processors to have a
price drop. Can there be a small or large price drop on 939 socket
processors during or by the end of August.

Old July 1st 04, 09:43 AM
Peter Strömberg

"hchoudhryn222" wrote in .cable.rogers.com:

Hi
I was wondering when AMD would be publishing it's first line of 90nm
processors so that there may be a chance for current processors to have a
price drop.

2H04

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_608,00.html

--
Peter Strömberg (55.6N 13.0E)
C2K2 C2K3 ISCCIV02 ISCCIV03
Old July 2nd 04, 07:34 AM
hchoudhryn222

"Ed" wrote in message
On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 06:10:54 GMT, "hchoudhryn222"
wrote:

Hi
I was wondering when AMD would be publishing it's first line of 90nm
processors so that there may be a chance for current processors to have a
price drop. Can there be a small or large price drop on 939 socket
processors during or by the end of August.

Hard to say, AMD really needs cash, if Intel doesn't make any huge price
cuts I wouldn't expect any from AMD anytime soon.

FWIW, the Athlon 64's seem to be going up in price, not down! ;p

Top 12 lowest priced vendors on pricewatch.com
Thu.Jul.01.2004 VS Tue.Jun.01.2004 (1 month difference)
CPU Name Avg/Change Low/Change
Athlon 64 FX 53 $788 +27 $699 -33
Athlon 64 FX 51 $760 -4 $670 -57
Athlon 64 3400 $424 +26 $404 +35
Athlon 64 3200 $278 +10 $270 +15
Athlon 64 3000 $225 +14 $211 +6
Athlon 64 2800 $195 +3 $173 -0

Pentium 4 3.4GHz Prescott $433 -56 $420 -54
Pentium 4 3.4GHz 800MHz 2MB $1014 -40 $989 -10
Pentium 4 3.4GHz 800MHz $413 +5 $395 -4
Pentium 4 3.2GHz Prescott $287 -7 $279 -6
Pentium 4 3.2GHz 800MHz 2MB $904 +9 $840 -17
Pentium 4 3.2GHz 800MHz $275 +3 $263 -3

Xeon 3.2GHz 533FSB 1MB $791 -18 $709 -46
Xeon 3.0GHz 533FSB 1MB $479 -153 $450 -100
Xeon 3.0GHz 533FSB $334 -88 $289 -46
Xeon 2.8GHz 533FSB $278 -39 $244 -31

Cheers,
Ed

Thanks Ed

Old July 2nd 04, 08:37 AM
Hellmark

Ed's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body we
Hard to say, AMD really needs cash, if Intel doesn't make any huge price
cuts I wouldn't expect any from AMD anytime soon.
FWIW, the Athlon 64's seem to be going up in price, not down!
Top 12 lowest priced vendors on pricewatch.com
Thu.Jul.01.2004 VS Tue.Jun.01.2004 (1 month difference)

If you are wanting cheaper, check www.mwave.com I checked a couple CPU's
off Ed's list, and they seemed to be cheaper than the cheapest he listed.
Not sure why, because Mwave deals on pricewatch. oh well
Old July 2nd 04, 10:11 PM
Hellmark

Ed's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body we
On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 07:37:03 GMT, Hellmark
wrote:
Ed's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body we
Hard to say, AMD really needs cash, if Intel doesn't make any huge price
cuts I wouldn't expect any from AMD anytime soon.
FWIW, the Athlon 64's seem to be going up in price, not down!
Top 12 lowest priced vendors on pricewatch.com
Thu.Jul.01.2004 VS Tue.Jun.01.2004 (1 month difference)

If you are wanting cheaper, check www.mwave.com I checked a couple CPU's
off Ed's list, and they seemed to be cheaper than the cheapest he listed.
Not sure why, because Mwave deals on pricewatch. oh well

fwiw, those prices also included S&H, Retail and OEM, so it's a mixed
bag. ;p

Ah, that does make a difference. After S&H that does bring them onto your
list.