MicroATX motherboards

Old June 23rd 04, 11:59 AM
RG

Default MicroATX motherboards

I'm considering the following MBs and would appreciate any comments from
people who have used them.

MSI K8MM-ILSR. Uses a VIA K8M800 chipset

Aopen MK89-L. Uses an nforce 3 150 chipset

Gigabyte GA-K8S760M. Uses an SIS760M chipset

The CPU is an AMD 64 +3200 2.2 Ghz.

The OS will be Win64 EE, perhaps dual booting with Win 2k depending on how
well Win64 EE works with the apps I want to run.

Any experience you would like to share would be greatly appreciated.

Old June 23rd 04, 09:45 PM
Wes Newell

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 05:59:20 -0500, RG wrote:

I'm considering the following MBs and would appreciate any comments from
people who have used them.

MSI K8MM-ILSR. Uses a VIA K8M800 chipset

Integrated video.

Aopen MK89-L. Uses an nforce 3 150 chipset

NO intergrated video. Older slower HF3 150 chipset.

Gigabyte GA-K8S760M. Uses an SIS760M chipset

Integrated video.

Any experience you would like to share would be greatly appreciated.

Assuming you want integrated video, I'd get the SIS board. Otherwise, I
wouldn't get any of these. Do you have to have a micro atx board? Probably
the best chipset to date is the nforce3-250. And these ATX boards start at
$85 (without integrated video).

Old June 23rd 04, 10:59 PM
rg

"Wes Newell" wrote in message
newsan.2004.06.23.20.46.04.677167@TAKEOUTverizon .net...
On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 05:59:20 -0500, RG wrote:

I'm considering the following MBs and would appreciate any comments from
people who have used them.

MSI K8MM-ILSR. Uses a VIA K8M800 chipset

Integrated video.

Aopen MK89-L. Uses an nforce 3 150 chipset

NO intergrated video. Older slower HF3 150 chipset.

Gigabyte GA-K8S760M. Uses an SIS760M chipset

Integrated video.

Any experience you would like to share would be greatly appreciated.

Assuming you want integrated video, I'd get the SIS board. Otherwise, I
wouldn't get any of these. Do you have to have a micro atx board? Probably
the best chipset to date is the nforce3-250. And these ATX boards start at
$85 (without integrated video).

I already have a Micro atx case. I need a small footprint for this computer.

microAtx motherboards: Does size mater? Machine Messiah General 3 April 8th 04 06:34 AM
PIII motherboards Bob General 13 April 3rd 04 04:34 AM
Does anyone make an AMD microATX motherboard? John General 4 March 15th 04 01:39 PM
Who import SYNTAX motherboards? [ste parker] General 1 March 3rd 04 08:22 PM
evaluation motherboards socket extenders for pentium Sudhakar Govindavajhala General 4 November 23rd 03 09:55 PM