Hey peeps, This is NOT an OS NG

Old June 15th 04, 05:22 AM
Early 2 Riz

Default Hey peeps, This is NOT an OS NG

If you want to discuss operating systems, you should put OT: in the subject
line, or find the appropriate NG, as this is not an OS newsgroup. It is a
hardware newsgroup. This is: alt.comp.HARDWARE.amd.x86-64

Thank you

Old June 15th 04, 11:47 AM
rstlne

"Early 2 Riz" wrote in message
If you want to discuss operating systems, you should put OT: in the

subject
line, or find the appropriate NG, as this is not an OS newsgroup. It is a
hardware newsgroup. This is: alt.comp.HARDWARE.amd.x86-64

Thank you

Telling people not to buy from specific web shops probably shouldnt be here
either

Thank you

Old June 15th 04, 02:41 PM
Peter van der Goes

"Early 2 Riz" wrote in message
If you want to discuss operating systems, you should put OT: in the

subject
line, or find the appropriate NG, as this is not an OS newsgroup. It is a
hardware newsgroup. This is: alt.comp.HARDWARE.amd.x86-64

Thank you

In addition to what rstlne mentioned, your post about an Asus motherboard
could (vs. processors and/or AMD) could be considered off topic by purists
(read vigilantes).
Self appointed on/off topic and netiquette monitors are typically not given
a very warm reception in newsgroups such as this. If you get my drift...

Old June 15th 04, 03:35 PM
General Schvantzkoph

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 08:41:45 -0500, Peter van der Goes wrote:

"Early 2 Riz" wrote in message
If you want to discuss operating systems, you should put OT: in the

subject
line, or find the appropriate NG, as this is not an OS newsgroup. It is a
hardware newsgroup. This is: alt.comp.HARDWARE.amd.x86-64

Thank you

In addition to what rstlne mentioned, your post about an Asus motherboard
could (vs. processors and/or AMD) could be considered off topic by purists
(read vigilantes).
Self appointed on/off topic and netiquette monitors are typically not given
a very warm reception in newsgroups such as this. If you get my drift...

This group is devoted to the AMD64 processor. Given that the architecture
is new, the status of OS support is a major issue, as such OS questions
are highly relevant. Two years from now, when 64Bit OSes will be mature,
OS questions will be off topic but not today.

Old June 15th 04, 04:10 PM
Jon Back

I salute the General. The interaction of OS and AMD64 is still very
relevant.
I'll agree that retail website info is pushing the limit, but if someone
found a site that was giving away Opterons, I'd want to know.

JonB

news

Old June 15th 04, 06:28 PM
rstlne

"Early 2 Riz" wrote in message
It is the Linux fanboys that I object to the most.

Bit like saying you bought a dual-g4 system and hate the OSX boys.
Sounds like you have a "Personal" issue with the fanboys
I know a couple of them will reply via email, so if you wanna tell them to
stick it then tell em ( I did once and got my head bitten off, later turned
out I was wrong, but hey you can still do that if you really feel the need )

Old June 15th 04, 06:37 PM
Early 2 Riz

No. I just hate it when I am discussing Windows, and get told how awful
Windows is, and how much better Linux is. No matter how I phrase my Windows
XP 64bit questions, I get answers about Linux. sigh

That is why I tried to take a neutral approach, and ask people not to
discuss Operating Systems on this NG. But that isn't the answer either....

Maybe, just maybe... I can ask Windows questions without getting bombarded
with info or opinions on Linux?

Old June 15th 04, 08:24 PM
Peter van der Goes

"General Schvantzkoph" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 08:41:45 -0500, Peter van der Goes wrote:

This group is devoted to the AMD64 processor. Given that the architecture
is new, the status of OS support is a major issue, as such OS questions
are highly relevant. Two years from now, when 64Bit OSes will be mature,
OS questions will be off topic but not today.

I agree with you 100%. Just as, IMHO, motherboard posts are fine as long as
we are talking about A64 motherboards :-)
The only question I have, General, is why respond to me instead of the OP?