Attn: Wayne @ W.

Old May 17th 04, 05:50 AM
goblin

Default Attn: Wayne @ W.

If you have the retention back to May 04, check out
alt.binaries.warez.ibm-pc.ms-beta

hint: 1184

:-)

Old May 18th 04, 01:11 PM
goblin

"Wayne @ W." wrote in
:

Thank you. )

You're welcome. Big difference in the builds, eh? This is the one they
should have given us. Glad I stumbled across it. Enjoy.

Old May 18th 04, 03:05 PM
Wayne @ W.

"goblin" wrote in message
30...
"Wayne @ W." wrote in
:

Thank you. )

You're welcome. Big difference in the builds, eh? This is the one they
should have given us. Glad I stumbled across it. Enjoy.

Too bad it breaks some things too. Have you noticed that now Ad-Aware, and
MacAfee 7.1 no longer work? However, I no longer need to go into safe mode
right after Setup to install the Nforce3 250 chipset drivers. And I like
having Themes working. (even though they only offer the one, with 3 visual
styles)

Fortunately I found another anti-virus program to take MacAfee's place. )
But I am looking for a replacement for Ad-Aware. Have you found one?

Thanks again,
Wayne

Old May 18th 04, 03:52 PM
goblin

"Wayne @ W." wrote in
:

"goblin" wrote in message
30...
"Wayne @ W." wrote in
:

Thank you. )

You're welcome. Big difference in the builds, eh? This is the one
they should have given us. Glad I stumbled across it. Enjoy.

Too bad it breaks some things too. Have you noticed that now
Ad-Aware, and MacAfee 7.1 no longer work? However, I no longer need to
go into safe mode right after Setup to install the Nforce3 250 chipset
drivers. And I like having Themes working. (even though they only
offer the one, with 3 visual styles)

Fortunately I found another anti-virus program to take MacAfee's
place. ) But I am looking for a replacement for Ad-Aware. Have you
found one?

Thanks again,
Wayne

Spybot-S&D seems to work, except I'm not too sure the part that lets you
backup the registry is working correctly but it's not necessary since
Spybot sets up a restore point.

Which AV did you find that worked?
Old May 18th 04, 04:02 PM
Wayne @ W.

"goblin" wrote in message
30...
"Wayne @ W." wrote in
:

"goblin" wrote in message
30...
"Wayne @ W." wrote in
:

[...]

Vcatch. Well, it seems to work, as it loads the icon in the system tray,
etc... LOL

Wayne

Old May 18th 04, 08:14 PM
goblin

"Wayne @ W." wrote in
:

"goblin" wrote in message
30...
"Wayne @ W." wrote in
:

"goblin" wrote in message
30...
"Wayne @ W." wrote in
:

[...]

Thanks. I'll hunt for it.

32-bit .NET programs and VS .NET work under this build. That's what I've
been waiting for. Well, it'll do until the .NET64 is done.

I wonder if "doddsy" has seen my post here to you? I know he'd really
be interested in grabbing those files but I can't very well give him a
"heads up" in that other group :-)

Old May 18th 04, 08:40 PM
Wayne @ W.

"goblin" wrote in message
30...
"Wayne @ W." wrote in
:

"goblin" wrote in message
30...
"Wayne @ W." wrote in
:

"goblin" wrote in message
30...
"Wayne @ W." wrote in
:

[...]

I know what you mean. LOL Microsoft would just love it. )

The URL to VCatch is http://www.vcatch.com

Wayne

Old May 18th 04, 11:17 PM
Wayne @ W.

I wonder if "doddsy" has seen my post here to you? I know he'd really
be interested in grabbing those files but I can't very well give him a
"heads up" in that other group :-)

I got brave, or maybe it is stupid... take your pick. ROFLOL Just posted
the info there in a barely disguised manner.

Old May 20th 04, 06:29 AM
Wayne @ W.

I just tried out Longhorn, and it not only won't let you install ATI
drivers, even though it is 32 bit, it won't let you change the refresh rate
of your monitor. sigh

But what worries me is that even though it is an extreme beta, they want you
to activate it. I wonder why Microsoft didn't do that with Windows XP 64
extended edition for the AMD 64? I hope it isn't because they aren't taking
this version very seriously. ( That would bum me out after shelling out
over 400 dollars for this upgrade.

Wayne

Wayne Morgan: Thanks !!! [email protected] General 1 January 18th 04 02:58 AM
ATTN: Rich Barry Jay Peterman General 0 September 21st 03 05:24 PM
ATTN: Anyone using a DRU-500a/510a Amethyst General 1 July 15th 03 07:16 PM