Upgrading my system, request for info

Old April 10th 04, 03:08 AM
Shelly F

Default Upgrading my system, request for info

Present system: epox 8k3a+, 2100+, leadtec geforce 4 TI 4200 128mb,
Mushkin 512mb PC 2700 DDR Sdram, no sata drives.
It is about time for me to upgrade to a 3000+ or 3200+ for
performance. No intense graphics, just stabile performance.
Request suggenstions and comments- I am looking at the Epox 8RDA+.

Also, are the following newsgroups active? I get zero headers with
Free Agent: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt and
alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Anti-Spam: Change shellyfnospam to shellyf to respond. Thanx, y'all have a nice day!
Retired to Cyberspace from Green Valley, AZ.
Old April 10th 04, 04:04 PM
Peter van der Goes

"Shelly F" wrote in message
Present system: epox 8k3a+, 2100+, leadtec geforce 4 TI 4200 128mb,
Mushkin 512mb PC 2700 DDR Sdram, no sata drives.
It is about time for me to upgrade to a 3000+ or 3200+ for
performance. No intense graphics, just stabile performance.
Request suggenstions and comments- I am looking at the Epox 8RDA+.

Also, are the following newsgroups active? I get zero headers with
Free Agent: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt and
alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Anti-Spam: Change shellyfnospam to shellyf to respond. Thanx, y'all have a

nice day!
Retired to Cyberspace from Green Valley, AZ.

Well, as this is a group for 64 bit processors, are you referring to the
Athlon 64 300+ or 3200+?
The motherboard you mention is a Socket A board, and won't handle an Athlon
64.
If your upgrade is to an XP 3000+ or 3200+, you might want to ask in:

alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird

or, as you seem to be targeting Epox products,

alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox

Why the 8RDA+, when the current model (for NForce2) is the 8RDA3+?
Why not consider a 64 bit processor, and other motherboard brands such as
Asus, MSI, etc?

Old April 10th 04, 06:50 PM
Cuzman

"Shelly F" wrote in message

" Also, are the following newsgroups active? I get zero headers with Free
Agent: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt and alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt "

It's probably your news server that is the problem, and not Free Agent.
Sign up for free at www.individual.net for a proper text group service.
You'll find thousands of articles in those two newshroups there.

On the brink of madness... I.C. Koets General 18 January 31st 05 11:49 PM
Upgrading old system Pen General 2 January 4th 05 01:05 AM
Dual processor system vs Single processor system HawkEye_42 General 3 January 27th 04 12:01 PM
Multi-boot Windows XP without special software Timothy Daniels General 11 December 12th 03 06:38 AM
Cooling Questions Peter Cavan General 35 September 2nd 03 06:42 AM