question xp64

Old March 18th 04, 08:21 AM
DougH

Default question xp64

Alot of people use
NERO to burn the images, but alot of time NERO doesn't load the ISO as an
image and it burns it as a file.

--
Jose Rivera, MCP
Event Horizon Computers

In that kind of situation you cancel the wizard if it pops up and use the
burn image file selection under the recorder pull down menu. Finding the
location of the iso file you want to burn click on it and NERO does it's
stuff.

DougH

Old March 20th 04, 03:42 AM
Jim Baird

Ok Guys call me a dumb ass but I am new to this....
I have tried everything ..now I get (NTLDR missing) when I try to boot from
the CD
Thanks for any help
Jim
"Ed" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 03:07:39 GMT, "Jim Baird"
wrote:

Hello all,
I have been trying to install XP64 on this new 64 system..
I have disabled the SATA drive and unplugged it, on that drive is xp Pro

32,
I have a 20 gig ata drive to install xp64 . I have a CD I made from ms

web
site with the key # ms sent to my e-mail, I have set my bios to boot from
the CD....When I start the system with the CD in the drive it won`t boot
from the CD...I looked for support and ms has none for this ....can

someone
point me in the right direction??
TIA
Jim

These aren't my tips, but this guy is running Win64, So FWIW ......

WinXP-64 Beta install on MSI FIS2R
Set BIOS to defaults
Disable the caches (video & bios)
Enable CnQ
Don't disable either sata controller even if your not using it
Enable or disable the onboard sound depending on your having a sb in a
pci slot or not.
Don't do the F6 at the beginning of the install.
Don't try to feed xp64 any drivers in the very initial part of the
Install.
The firewire drivers, usb drivers, serial drivers are all on the xp64
install.

Cheers,
Ed

Old March 20th 04, 11:37 AM
Povl H. Pedersen

In article , Jim Baird wrote:
Ok Guys call me a dumb ass but I am new to this....
I have tried everything ..now I get (NTLDR missing) when I try to boot from
the CD
Thanks for any help

Usually means it has a filesystem FAT/FAT32/NTFS created on WinNT/XP,
but isn't bootable.

These aren't my tips, but this guy is running Win64, So FWIW ......

WinXP-64 Beta install on MSI FIS2R
Set BIOS to defaults
Disable the caches (video & bios)
Enable CnQ
Don't disable either sata controller even if your not using it
Enable or disable the onboard sound depending on your having a sb in a
pci slot or not.
Don't do the F6 at the beginning of the install.
Don't try to feed xp64 any drivers in the very initial part of the
Install.
The firewire drivers, usb drivers, serial drivers are all on the xp64
install.

On my cheap FIC K8 T800 I had trouble until BIOS was upgraded
(not with Windows but every kernel 2.4 linux based install).