GARY HEADLEE Motherboard and Video Card Repair

Old February 2nd 05, 09:16 PM
neilslade

Default GARY HEADLEE Motherboard and Video Card Repair

I sent Gary Headlee my video card, which he also claims to repair--
via

MOTHERBOARD REPAIR SERVICE

a MONTH ago.

His web site states turn around time of 1-2 days.

I finally had to call the POLICE to track the guy down, after sending
him
cash and my card-- received by him via delivery confirmation.

He called me back, and promised to look at my card within a few days.

NOTHING- weeks later.

He does not answer EMAIL, and he has an UNLISTED PHONE NUMBER.

He still has my video card worth a couple hundred bucks.
He asks that people send him CASH for repairs.

You figure it out.
At best, his service and/or customer relations SUCK big time.

http://www.motherboardrepair.com/index.php?sec=home

Neil Slade Books and Music
Denver, CO 80206

Old February 20th 05, 11:16 PM
neilslade

Gary Headlee, Motherboard Rip Off Repair

Finally got my video card back-- SIX WEEKS LATER- NON_FUNCTIONAL,
exactly as sent. Headlee kept my $50.

The guy is a compulsive liar and a crook- at least in my experience.
http://www.neilslade.com/headlee.html

The whole story:

Report by Neil Slade

www.NeilSlade.com

CONCERNING THEFT OF SERVICES and THEFT OF $50 for alleged repair- not
produced- for video card by

Gary Headlee Motherboard Repair

Gary Headlee
692 Lennox St.
Midvale, Utah
84047
801-567-9150

Gary Headlee Motherboard Repair ripped me off $50 for a "claimed"
repair of my ATI 9700 PRO video card, and further made me wait over
SIX WEEKS before the card was returned to me, still non-functional.
The card is valued at around $200, with a new replacement ATI card
costing nearly $300. The card also was fitted with a Zalman silent
heat sink valued at $40.

He apparently lied, and made conflicting repair stories about the card
on two occasions-- first stating that "I've already spent a couple of
hours on your card and haven't figured out what is wrong". See the
actual email regarding this below.

Then several weeks later, apparently forgetting his first story,
stating, "Your card works fine, I couldn't find anything wrong, but
will let it run for a while to make sure its okay."

When the card was finally returned to me after repeated phone calls
over a SIX WEEK period, it was still not operational, and Headlee
kept the $50 I had sent him in advance for the repair.

Use of another ATI card in my computer's AGP slot produces an expected
monitor result without any adjustment. Use of the "repaired" card
produces absolutely NOTHING on the monitor- the card is DEAD. All of
my motherboard's latest drivers and chipset drivers have been
installed. It's not my computer- its the card- it's DEAD and Headlee
LIED about it working on his inspection- for all I know, that never
even occurred. The non-fuction of this card has been confirmed by an
independent professional computer repair tech, the following day per
no results as well.

I discourage ANYONE from doing ANY business with Mr. Headlee and
instead encourage simple replacement of a broken motherboard, or use
of warranty if available.

Headlee asks for CASH PAYMENT or MONEY ORDER payment for "repairs",
yet

1) does not give a phone number on his web site,

2) uses an un-listed untraceable anonymous registration for his web
page that does not have any contact information

3) Apparently refuses to reply to any email communications except
under threat of law enforcement.

CASE HISTORY:

JANUARY 4, 2005

The first week of January 2005 I sent in my video card for repair
after viewing Headlee's web site at

http://www.motherboardrepair.com/

It looked like a respectable web site, and well documented. I sent
Headlee an email regarding my possible card repair, but did not
receive a reply.

None the less (and a VERY STUPID MOVE, I must admit) I followed the
instructions on the web site for video card repair and sent. I sent
it in with delivery confirmation via priority mail on Jan 4, 2005,
and the requested $50 repair fee in cash- the excess which would be
refunded if the repair did not require a lot of work.

The web site stated 1-2 day turn-around for repairs.

Delivery confirmation showed that Headlee received the card two days
later on Jan 6.

JANUARY 17, 2005

After waiting TWO WEEKS and not receiving ANY replies to my emails,
nor receiving my card back, or ANY COMMUNICATION whatsoever, I set
out to find a phone number for Headlee.

Headlee's phone is untraceable, and unlisted, and can not be found
anywhere on the Internet.

My last resort was to call The Midvale Utah Police and report what had
happened. They instructed me to contact my local Denver Police and
report THEFT OF SERVICES. They then told me to have my local police
contact them, and they would contact Headlee if possible and look
into the matter.

My local police then contacted the police in MIDVALE UTAH, who then
contacted Headlee immediately- and FINALLY apparently under threat of
law enforcement action he contacted me by phone. He then offered a
number of excuses why he had not looked at my card yet. He then said
he would look at it in 3-4 days and would email me with the results.
This was around January 17.

A week went by and Headlee made absolutely no contact again.

FEBRUARY 4, 2005

I began sending a series of emails to Headlee's email address (from
his web site) since he did not leave a phone number
when he called back.

After sending at least a dozen emails, Headlee finally replied with an
email, and left his phone number.

I then called him to see what was going on, and he claimed to have
already spent a couple hours working on my card, but to no avail, and
that he would try to complete work on it in the following week.

Here are his original emails sent to me on Feb. 4:

Old February 21st 05, 01:05 AM
keith

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 17:16:50 -0500, neilslade wrote:

Trust me, no one here cares! Grow up and admit that you're a sucker.

--
Keith
Old February 21st 05, 09:16 PM
neilslade

Hey Keith,

Sorry to dissapoint you, but people do care. People appreciate being
warned of ripoff artists and shoddy repairman. Especially when such
repairman are abusing a nationally know reputation.

www.CareyHolzman.com cares, he's a recognized computer expert with a
very popular web site, and he's pointed all his links to my web page
http://www.neilslade.com/headlee.html after he heard my story

So, get yourself a real life, eh Keith? if that is your real name....

Neil 8)

Old February 21st 05, 09:32 PM
Keith R. Williams

In article , neil@neilslade-dot-
com.no-spam.invalid says...
Hey Keith,

Sorry to dissapoint you, but people do care. People appreciate being
warned of ripoff artists and shoddy repairman. Especially when such
repairman are abusing a nationally know reputation.

No, they really don't care about your pet off-topic whine.

www.CareyHolzman.com cares, he's a recognized computer expert with a
very popular web site, and he's pointed all his links to my web page
http://www.neilslade.com/headlee.html after he heard my story

Well, paint me impressed! He's got a popular web site, even! Wow!

So, get yourself a real life, eh Keith? if that is your real name....

It is, as many in this group can confirm. Now run along home to
mommy...

--
Keith
Old February 26th 05, 07:16 PM
neilslade

To interested parties in this case:

Carey Holzman of www.CareyHolzman.com a major computer internet hub
cared enough to get involved in this issue, my web page on the topic
was ranked #3 on Google within days of posting concerning the subject
as well. ...

Thanks to those who have a few operating neurons and who have been
following this issue-- My apologies to those one or two dormant
brains who have nothing but negative comments to add-- I pity your
brain state. Some people have far too much time on their hands,
alas.

Here's the outcome:

In terms of resolving the issue
Gary made good on his promise and refunded my repair fee in its
entirety to me yesterday along with an apology for taking so long to
get around to resolving the issue.

Many thanks to Carey Holzman www.CareyHolzman.com who went out of his
way to help encourage my refund with Gary. Gary runs a major internet
computer web site hub and thought enough of this case to get involved
over a period of over a week, and negotiated a fair resolution-
thanks Carey!

I have heard from a couple of other people who have had satisfactory
and good repair work done by Headlee previously.

I wish him the best in his businessness from this point on.

I know as a self-employed business person it is easy to miss things
and get behind, but I know it is also crucially important to quickly
acknowledge errors made and to treat every customer fairly.

Bet wishes to all positive computer enthusiasts in getting their
machines working.

Neil
www.neilslade.com
500,000 hits a month and growing

Old February 26th 05, 10:17 PM
keith

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 13:16:42 -0500, neilslade wrote:

....but you don't have to bark at the moon.

--
Keith
Old February 28th 05, 11:18 PM
neilslade

With all due respect--

barking at the moon often brings results, as it did in this case.

The squeeky wheel gets the grease.

And the slighted customer ignored, who yells foul loud enough in the
arena, will get his fair due.

Neil Slade
www.NeilSlade.com

Old March 1st 05, 03:59 AM
keith

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:18:12 -0500, neilslade wrote:

With all due respect--

No respect due, and *certainly* none given to whiners.

barking at the moon often brings results, as it did in this case.

Did you enjoy the "eating ****" part too? ...figures.

The squeeky wheel gets the grease.

I'm sure you frequent bath-houses.

And the slighted customer ignored, who yells foul loud enough in the
arena, will get his fair due.

You are a sick puppy. Were you peeing on my carpet, I'd have you put
down. ...beyond hope.

--
Keith