HPaq Smart Start ISO UPDATE (5.30, 6.30)

Old September 22nd 04, 07:39 AM
NuTCrAcKeR

Default HPaq Smart Start ISO UPDATE (5.30, 6.30)

Hello Server Fans,

I have been busy trying to build a response and fulfillment system to better
serve my brethren in the older hardware community with their requests for
Compaq Smart Start ISO's. As of this time, these are what is available and
how they have been recently improved:

For all legacy Generation 1 (G1) servers:

Smart Start 5.30 - Now packaged as a self-extracting winrar file.
ss5.30.exe = 280M and takes about 1 hour to DL over broadband

For all older Generation 2 (G2) servers:

Smart Start 6.30 - Also packaged as a self-extracting winrar file.
ss6.30 is 385M and should take about an hour and a half over broadband.
* when I get around to locating my 6.40 CD, I will rip that and put it on
the server.

All G3 and G4 servers need Smart Start 7.00 or newer, which is available for
free download from the HP site.

( I haven't had the time to build a comprehensive matrix of server models
and the highest SS rev that works with them. Its something I have been
meaning to do which I might get around to and eventually post on the
dnsplus.net site, along with the mythical FAQ I have been intending to do).

There is now an automated response system to forward specific information to
those of you who request it. No more waiting for me to check my email and
get back to you. This has been an issue for some of our international
brothers and sisters.

Please take a moment to read and recognize the following :

This is a service that runs by the generosity of the donations by those who
use it. I am doing this because there is a definite need for it, but it does
cost money to do. Please bear that in mind, and only take what you need.

Also, let there be no mistake: No one pays Me for the software contained in
the archives, and they also agree to be bound by the licensing agreement
contained on the CD. Just like if you opened it with a new server when you
bought it. Use at your own risk, etc etc. I am not responsible for anything
you do with them.

I will offer whatever help I can (you all know what a helpful guy I am).
Questions should be posted to the group so that others might benefit from
the discourse.

To get the information for the login, email : cpqiso at dnsplus dot net

It is my honor to serve,

- LC , dnsplus.net, Chicago USA

Old October 8th 04, 09:10 AM
karlosDK

NuTCrAcKeR
if you can use a selfextracting rar of an Nero .nrg image fo SmartStart 6.4
you can get it from
ftp.sostack.com

you can e-mail me at karlos[a]sostack.com for username and pw.

Old October 9th 04, 08:08 PM
NuTCrAcKeR

6.40 is already on my service. 5.5 is coming soon.

- LC

"karlosDK" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Smart Start 5.5 CD for ML 370 Gen. 1 jjd Compaq Servers 1 November 13th 04 06:08 PM
Start menu/splash animations bogging down system after driver update. Axl Ati Videocards 2 August 9th 04 12:02 AM
Can't run Smart Start 5.4 Hank Arnold Compaq Servers 4 August 6th 04 02:57 PM
Old AV7 MB - After bios update will not start, Please Help!!! Stephan Grossklass Asus Motherboards 3 January 11th 04 05:53 PM
nvidia to start having only 1 driver update a year Tim Miser Nvidia Videocards 1 October 22nd 03 09:22 PM