SmartStart CD for Compaq Proliant 6400R

Old July 30th 04, 12:16 AM
Amit Agarwal

Default SmartStart CD for Compaq Proliant 6400R

Hi,

I bought a compaq proliant 6400R server from ebay but didnt get the
smartstart CD with it. Any pointers as to where i can get it OR download
it from ?

thanks
Amit
Old July 30th 04, 06:26 PM
VinceV

Amit,

All the appropriate bits are available from the downloads at COMPAQ.
You can also but a smart start CD from them. I've seen SmartStart CDs
on ebay too.

VinceV

Old July 30th 04, 06:39 PM
Amit Agarwal

VinceV wrote:

Amit,

All the appropriate bits are available from the downloads at COMPAQ.
You can also but a smart start CD from them. I've seen SmartStart CDs
on ebay too.

I downloaded all that was available but couldnt find the software to do
the initial configuration of the smart array controller. I think thats
only available in the SmartStart CD

Old July 30th 04, 09:21 PM
Larry

"Amit Agarwal" wrote in message
Hi,

I bought a compaq proliant 6400R server from ebay but didnt get the
smartstart CD with it. Any pointers as to where i can get it OR download
it from ?

thanks
Amit

'NutCracker' is a regular here on this NG and *may* offer the SmartStart ISO
as a D/L from his server- You may want to contact him and *ask nice*.
Otherwise it's like $24 or so from Compaq.

(¯`·._.· £ãrrÿ ·._.·´¯)

Old August 2nd 04, 04:01 PM
David S. Cuneo Justin

You can download the array configuration utility depending on the raid array
card that you have. You have to look up the array card though.

om...

Old August 2nd 04, 10:22 PM
Amit Agarwal

It a compaq smart array 3200 controller. Where can i download the array
configuration utility for it ?

Old August 3rd 04, 01:37 AM
Larry

"VinceV" wrote in message
om...

Amit,

All the appropriate bits are available from the downloads at COMPAQ.
You can also but a smart start CD from them. I've seen SmartStart CDs
on ebay too.

VinceV

Amit Agarwal wrote in message

Hi,

I bought a compaq proliant 6400R server from ebay but didnt get the
smartstart CD with it. Any pointers as to where i can get it OR

download
it from ?

thanks
Amit

That was a pretty tough request: http://tinyurl.com/6nl2s

(¯`·._.· £ãrrÿ ·._.·´¯)

Old August 3rd 04, 01:39 AM
NuTCrAcKeR

thanks larry,

I am cheap and easy. With a $5 bandwidth donation, SS CD ISO files (many
versions) can be had by all.

hit me at info @ dnsplus dot net

- LC

Old August 3rd 04, 02:07 AM
Larry

"NuTCrAcKeR" wrote in message
thanks larry,

I am cheap and easy. With a $5 bandwidth donation, SS CD ISO files (many
versions) can be had by all.

hit me at info @ dnsplus dot net

- LC

Hey, there you are NuTCrAcKeR.

I don't like 'speaking for someone else', but I hadn't seen ya around for a
while.

Welcome back :-)

(¯`·._.· £ãrrÿ ·._.·´¯)

Old August 3rd 04, 02:35 AM
NuTCrAcKeR

"Larry" wrote in message

"NuTCrAcKeR" wrote in message
thanks larry,

I am cheap and easy. With a $5 bandwidth donation, SS CD ISO files (many
versions) can be had by all.

hit me at info @ dnsplus dot net

- LC

Hey, there you are NuTCrAcKeR.

I don't like 'speaking for someone else', but I hadn't seen ya around for

while.

Welcome back :-)

Thanks ... I took a much needed vacation