Console Management Controller

Old April 26th 04, 01:03 PM
sirio

Default Console Management Controller

Hi,
I NEED YOUR HELP!IS THERE ANYBODY THAT CAN HELP ME TO CONFIGURE MY
COMPAQ Console Management Controller? THANKS!!
Old April 26th 04, 03:08 PM
NuT CrAcKeR

You didnt answer the questions i asked you in the alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
group.

If you arent going to answer questions there, does that mean you are going
to waste time here too?

LC

om...

Old April 27th 04, 07:25 AM
sirio

"NuT CrAcKeR" wrote in message ...
You didnt answer the questions i asked you in the alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
group.

If you arent going to answer questions there, does that mean you are going
to waste time here too?

Thanks for the had interest on April 23 and excuse if i have not
answered you!
You are right, but i usually frequent an italian group ( i'm an
italian boy).I'm new in this group, and I didn't remember where I had
inserted the question!!
I hope that you will feel like helping me however. My problem is not
the kvm, but the "switch" on the top of the rack that cheks the
openings, closings... When i insert the network cable from it to my
lan, it put down my network!!This is the firs time that i attemp to
configure it,( if is it possible configure it), and i don't know how
do.
Thanks advanced for your interest, and also excuse for my english.
Old April 27th 04, 08:16 AM
NuT CrAcKeR

Hrm... this sounds interesting, Sirio.

This sounds like some kind of security device, correct? Is there a key pad
that when you press numbers, the device checks over the network to a server
and if the code matches, it opens?

If that is what you are talking about, who makes the model you have?

Who makes the LAN equipment that you use? What protocols are you using on
your network? IPX ? NetBEUI ? Ethernet ? TokenRing ?

If you have a link to the manufacturers site, that would be helpful.

But, my first guess is that this thing is creating a broadcast storm and all
the traffic on the network is halting because of collisions. This is not
uncommon when you are using chatty protocols and shared access devices.
Although, broadcast storms are not completely unheard of in switched
environments, that is my initial thought on the matter.

Give us more information and we may be able to help.

LC

om...

Old April 27th 04, 04:14 PM
sirio

Hi,
I send you some links that can be helpful:

h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/ proliantstorage/rack-options/cmc/
h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/ 10757_div/10757_div.html

Who makes the LAN equipment that you use? What protocols are you using on
your network? IPX ? NetBEUI ? Ethernet ? TokenRing ?

It is in use the tcp/ip.I know that the CMC ( Console Manag....) works
with snmp, but i have not experience with this protocol, and i don't
know how implement it.Where i can learn about?The man that has
configured (..has tried to configure)the CMC will miss for a lot of
time.

THANKS
Old April 28th 04, 12:27 AM
NuT CrAcKeR

did you download and install this softwa
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/support/fi...oad/11001.html
?
did you program the device (or check the configuration in the LED in the
fron) ?
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/su...M_218258-002_r
ev2_us/TPM_218258-002_rev2_us.pdf

I have never used one of these before, but I would suggest follow the setup
and installation instructions to ensure that it is configured correctly. If
that still fails, then I would contact HP for further assistance.

LC

Old April 28th 04, 01:07 PM
sirio

Hi!
Thanks in advanced for your time.Thank you for having put me on the correct way