FS: Proliant 4500

Old April 24th 04, 07:37 PM
Dan

Default FS: Proliant 4500

Need a reliable server? These just keep going, and going....
... I use one as an "on line backup storage" on my LAN. About ever month
or so, I fire it up, backup the data to it, and shut it down again.
When the power is off:
It can't get a virus.
It can't be hacked into.
Hot swappable drives, that are easy to find!
Replacement parts are cheap to find, if you should need them!

512MB RAM
5x 4GB drives (RAID)
4 CPU's
NIC

I'll even leave the existing OS on it so you can see it working!

Proliant 4500 -- best offer. If an offer of $50 is made, you can pick it up
now!

Dan French
email: bios {underscore} hack {at} hotmail {dot } com

Old April 24th 04, 07:38 PM
NuT CrAcKeR

Not a bad setup for $50.

uswest.net, eh? you out in the southwest somewhere? where exactly could this
beast be picked up from ?

Also, whch cpu does it have ? 50, 66, 90, 100, 133, or 166 ? memory on the
system board, or does it have the expansion board too. any free slots? Array
controller (smart or smart2/E ?) what is the existing os...

you post creates more questions than it answers : )

Its good to see you are still around, havent seen you name up here lately.

LC

"Dan" . spamcop.net wrote
in message news

Old April 24th 04, 10:48 PM
Dan

Q's... Q's...

Location: Seattle
I believe that it the CPU's (4) are 133
Actually, if you know the 4500, it's memory is maxed... (system and
expansion memory board :-)
I don't know exactly what RAID controller {flavor} it is.... but it is the
EISA (The 4500 only has EISA expansion slots)
-- Did Compaq make more than one type of EISA RAID?
Existing OS: Win NT
Free Slots: Lots of free slots.

I just need the space. The system was a loaner to friend, and they didn't
know how to properly use this class of system. (Please don't ask); They
brought it back...
.... I've got these up to the 8500 that I'm trying to sell I've got more
computers then room....

Dan French

Old April 24th 04, 11:53 PM
NuT CrAcKeR

heh.. dont we all. ??? (more machines than space...)

I though the 4500 would max at 1GB, with the 2000/4000 maxing at 512 with
the additonal board. Slots.. .i was asking about memory slots : )

Yes, there was more than one type of Eisa raid card .. 4 of them that I am
aware of :

The IDA (which used a special 210M or 510M conner IDE drive, SystemPro Era
The IDAII (IDA with some cache): SystemPro Era
The Smart Controller, Proliant 1000,2000,4000 era
The Smart2/E (1500,4000,4500,5000) Era.

After the 1500,2500,5000 class machiens came out, some systems still have
the odd EISA slot for RIB cards, and other leagacy devices (Digiboards and
the like), but since the had PCI slots, thats where the development went.

It was all PCI after that.

Chicago feels like Seattle today. Nice and grey with a light sprinkle...

"Dan" . spamcop.net wrote
in message ...

Old April 24th 04, 11:58 PM
Dan

Ok, I opened it again...
CPU's 133mhz
All memory *is* full.
NIC Compaq EISA 10/100

Old April 28th 04, 03:44 AM
Eugene

NuT CrAcKeR wrote:

heh.. dont we all. ??? (more machines than space...)

I have space and no machines in OH

Old April 30th 04, 02:58 AM
Dan

How would you like a:
Proliant 5500 ? (P-Pro model), custom setup the way that you want it???

Dan French

"Eugene" wrote in message
NuT CrAcKeR wrote:

heh.. dont we all. ??? (more machines than space...)

I have space and no machines in OH

Compaq ProLiant 4500 Mike Kieffer Compaq Servers 5 January 16th 04 02:33 PM
FS: Proliant 4500 Dan Compaq Servers 0 January 13th 04 06:18 AM
FS: Qty. 11 Compaq Proliant Systems $1,500 - 3000, 4500, 5500's 444UNIX Compaq Computers 0 November 3rd 03 02:29 PM
Compaq ready to go Jazzy Ban Compaq Computers 0 October 14th 03 02:54 PM
Compaq Proliant 5500 won't power up Jim Balson Compaq Servers 6 September 19th 03 12:05 AM