this group is dying...

Old April 12th 04, 12:47 AM
NuT CrAcKeR

Default this group is dying...

either that, or my news server hasnt been getting the messages...

LC

Old April 12th 04, 01:00 AM
Norfolk&Chance

"NuT CrAcKeR" wrote in message
either that, or my news server hasnt been getting the messages...

LC

Well I must admit that there are not a lot of posts, nor has there been for
a while - but very nearly 100% of them are extremely valuable to a
non-systems administrator (I'm actually an entomologist) such as myself.
And particularly your input/advice LC has helped me directly in the past.

Keep it up - it is very much appreciated.

Cheers, Craig

Old April 13th 04, 12:48 PM
Guy Macon

NuT CrAcKeR says...

either that, or my news server hasnt been getting the messages...

I still check in almost every day. The problem is that this
darn Compaq Prolian 5500R server of mine just keeps running
and running, and never has a problem to talk about!

I suppose that we could talk about bargain servers we see on eBay...

Or we could go completely off-topic just for fun:

Easy Questions to ponder while waiting for the server to
fail - The Ultimate Easy Quiz for Compaq Server owners

[01] How long did the Hundred Years War last?

[02] What was New Mexico named after?

[03] Which country makes most Panama Hats?

[04] In the story "1001 Arabian nights" what nationality was Aladdin?

[05] What nationality were the original Pennsylvania Dutch?

[06] From which animal do we get Catgut?

[07] Which U.S. State is the farthest north? South? East? West?

[08] In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?

[09] What material was used to clad the sides of the US warship
"Old Ironsides"?.

[10] What is a Camel hair brush made of?

[11] The Canary Islands are named after what animal?

[12] What was King George VI's first name?

[13] What color is a Purple Finch?

[14] Where do the Cuban Lily and Confederate Rose come from?

[15] Upon what hill was the Battle of Bunker Hill fought?

[16] Who is buried in Grant's tomb?

[17] What bird has the scientific name Puffinus puffinus puffinus?

[18] What is another word for Thesaurus? Hint: One word, four syllables,
eight letters, one letter is used three times, another letter is
used twice, and I found it in Roget's Thesaurus.

[19] What color are White Rhinos?

[20] How long did the Thirty Years War last?

[21] A man travels due south for one kilometer. He turns left 90 degrees
and travels due east for one kilometer, at which point he shoots
a bear. He then turns left 90 degrees and travels due north for
one kilometer, returning to the exact spot he left from.

[21a] What color is the bear?

[21b] What direction is the wind blowing from at the starting/ending point?

--
Guy Macon, Electronics Engineer & Project Manager for hire.
Remember Doc Brown from the _Back to the Future_ movies? Do you

Old April 13th 04, 09:39 PM
Robert E. Watts

Hi Guy !

I took the test, but I suspect that I got 'em all wrong.

Maybe I should not have been using my IBM Server when I took the test.

:-)

bobwatts

--
To return email, remove anti spam measures
....::://////////***\\\\\\\\\\:::...

http://members.nuvox.net/~on.watscarb/dieselvette.htm
http://www.johnsonautomotiveinc.com

NuT CrAcKeR says...

Old April 16th 04, 09:09 PM
Tony Bennett

NuT CrAcKeR wrote:

either that, or my news server hasnt been getting the messages...

LC

Think this is bad - try the Token Ring group!

Tony
Old April 17th 04, 02:27 AM
Doug F

Alternatively we could chat about how badly HP screwing up the
ProLiant series of servers and SoftPaq's

Doug

Old April 19th 04, 04:37 PM
nut cracker

say what you will... they are still engineered better than Dell and IBM.
Software is still much better too.

you guys would love to play in my sandbox... 1500 + servers in 30,000 sq.ft.
in chicago. Another 24K sq.ft. room being built out, and we have the option
on another 28K sq.ft. of raised floor...

we have a boat load of real Compaq, some IBM for AIX and eSeries, RS6000, a
massive VAX cluster... 100TB of tape backups (2 Silo's, more SDK and
StorageTek libraries than I can count) .... We have been buying the new
HPaq's, and so far have not been let down. Friggen fast machines, and built
like tanks. whats not to like?

I will try to pinch some pic's if i can.

LC