1600R Fastest CPU Supported (or working)

Old February 3rd 04, 11:04 PM
Lauren Buchholz

Default 1600R Fastest CPU Supported (or working)

Hi, I have a 1600R with a PIII/550 in it right now. I know according to the
specs it only supports a 600MHz CPU, but has anyone gotten it to post and
operate correctly with a faster CPU? I have a 866MHz from another Compaq
server in a static bag and I am trying to see if anyone has attempted this.

If not, is my best bet to find a cheapo 550 that matches stepping?

Old February 4th 04, 05:13 PM
nut cracker

your 866 chip has a 133Mhz system bus. Your server has a 100Mhz system bus.
That processor will NEVER work in that machine.

Sadly, 600 is top end of the line for that machine. It runs like a raped ape
with 1G Ram and 2 prox.

LC

"Lauren Buchholz" wrote in message
Hi, I have a 1600R with a PIII/550 in it right now. I know according to

the
specs it only supports a 600MHz CPU, but has anyone gotten it to post and
operate correctly with a faster CPU? I have a 866MHz from another Compaq
server in a static bag and I am trying to see if anyone has attempted

this.

If not, is my best bet to find a cheapo 550 that matches stepping?

On the brink of madness... I.C. Koets General 18 January 31st 05 11:49 PM
mb working and not working!! General 5 October 24th 04 06:11 PM
Fastest proc supported on GA-7VAX ? singha_lvr Gigabyte Motherboards 3 February 2nd 04 03:02 PM
fastest chip on an ASUS A7M266 Doughnut Asus Motherboards 3 January 18th 04 10:03 PM
fastest chip on an ASUS A7M266 KrOnTaR Asus Motherboards 0 January 18th 04 04:07 PM