Extending drives on a Win2k Server - Compaq DL380

Old January 13th 04, 07:30 PM
rod

Default Extending drives on a Win2k Server - Compaq DL380

hello,
I added two 36 gig drives to my Compaq DL380 and booted into the SmartStart
CD 5.3.
I wanted to add these two drives to an existing Array1 (Win2k Server is
installed on Array1).
I went through the wizard , said yes i wanted to expand the drives, but when
i went through extend .... it said it is not supported on Win2k.

How do i extend these drives to an existing array? I can't lose the data on
Array1 and i can't reinstall the OS.

Someone mentioned to bridge the two arrays, but i couldn't find any
information in the documentation on how to do that.

thanks!

Old January 14th 04, 08:08 AM
George

1: Back up your data
2: If you have dynamic disks only use a 5th generation or higher ,
SA5300, SA642 , etc
3: upgrade firmware on both system board and array controller
4: make sure you are using at least SP 3 on W2K
4a: make sure you ACU is the latest (4.9A)
5: once you do this ignore the message and pray (95% success rate if
followed exactly)

Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 1 January 13th 05 11:03 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 December 30th 04 06:40 PM
64 bit - Windows Liberty 64bit, Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit, IBM DB2 64 bit - new ! vvcd AMD x86-64 Processors 0 September 17th 04 09:07 PM
Q: adding hard drives to Compaq DL380 - can I add them to system drive? C:\ rod Compaq Servers 5 January 5th 04 08:10 PM
64 bit - Windows Liberty 64bit, Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit,Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit, IBM DB2 64 bit - new! TEL Overclocking AMD Processors 0 January 1st 04 07:59 PM