boot proliant M370 from IDE, is it possible?

Old January 11th 04, 03:00 PM
steven

Default boot proliant M370 from IDE, is it possible?

my collegue tried to revive one of our M370's for use, but found that
installing Win2K advanced server on a IDE HDD resulted in not being able
to boot..

he's installed the latest BIOS. does anyone know if the M370 supports
booting from IDE?

a workaround may be booting GRUB or LILO from floppy/CD and redirect it
to the hdd, but this is not a beauty.

cheers,
/steven
Old January 11th 04, 06:33 PM
NuT CrAcKeR

technically, the proliant servers support IDE ONLY for CDROM support.

I have heard of people making this work using add-in cards (promise IDE and
the like), but with those beautiful hotplugable cages, and PCI-X slots...
why wouldnt you want to use SCSI?

do a search on groups.google.com for " compaq.servers IDE boot " and I am
sure you will find the older articles that address this matter in more
detail.

Cheers,

LC