Highest processor in 5423US?

Old August 17th 03, 05:00 AM
MICHAEL

Default Highest processor in 5423US?

Compaq says the highest the 5423US can go is 2.0,but Sandra reports 2.3 or
better.I've seen reports by other owners who successfully installed 2.4
P4's,and been told it can go as high as 2.6,with the newest bios update.And
speaking of bios updates,just how reliable are Compaq's?Since the chip is a
permanent part of the motherboard,a bad flash would be a real disaster.