Problem with Power Management

Old August 16th 03, 02:15 PM
Markstar

Default Problem with Power Management

Hi,
(useless questions here)
I have a Presario 1500 and when I watch a DVD, everything works fine until I
unplug the AC. After that the playback is messed up, eg. the sound is sloppy
and the picture hangs sometimes.
My guess is that the power management kicks in, thus slowing down the CPU
and everything else. But I can't find any settings where I could change it
(for example under Power Options). I know a Toshiba has driver for the power
management where you can adjust things like CPU speed and diplay brightness,
but how about the Compaq?

Or, is there anything else that could be wrong with it? I tried several
DVDs, so I don't think that would be it.

Thanks in advance
Markus

Old August 16th 03, 06:01 PM
rpv

check in the bios, some times there is there also some kind of
powermanagement

"Markstar" schreef in bericht

Old August 17th 03, 12:22 AM
Markstar

Well, I did check the BIOS, of course, but there is absolutly nothing about
power management. Also, the problem appears also when playing a normal audio
CD, plus when the battery is recharging.

BTW, the CPU is a PIV 2.0Ghz, so I don't know what you mean with PowerNow
(but where could one get this reg hack???). The Power Scheme is set to
Desktop Computer, but it doesn't work with any setting...

Old August 17th 03, 02:40 AM
David

Sorry then SpeedStep which again is in the Control Panel except for XP
systems (I assumed it was an AMD processor , sorry) . On the Evo's
SpeedStep is also controlled in the BIOS , I'm not sure about in
Presarios

Old August 17th 03, 12:54 PM
Markstar

Well, there is definitly nothing in the BIOS and yes, at the moment XP is
installed.

Interesting is also that the drive is only in PIO-mode, even though I did
try to get it to DMA.

Power problem? jeremyal Homebuilt PC's 6 January 25th 05 12:28 PM
Hard Drive problem - Broken power pin HM Homebuilt PC's 3 April 11th 04 05:07 PM
Won't Power Up after Power Outage Greg Lovern Homebuilt PC's 7 February 8th 04 01:47 PM
KG7-RAID Problem computer shuts down few second after power up. Please Help! B Asus Motherboards 0 January 18th 04 02:48 PM
Happy Birthday America SST Nvidia Videocards 336 November 27th 03 07:54 PM