What are these CDs?

Old August 6th 03, 06:03 PM
Ken Knecht

Default What are these CDs?

When I bought my Compaq Presario 5000T desktop with XP Home
almost two years ago it came with a Recovery CD with a Compaq
logo and a three-CD set labeled QuickRestore, again with a Compaq
logo.

What's the difference and what should these be used for? From the
names I hope I never have need for them but it's best to be
prepared.

TIA

Ken
Old August 6th 03, 06:59 PM
HH

Ken,
Think of the Recovery CD as "Quick Restore light."
It will restore your 5000T to the original software image, IF the compressed
Compaq folders are still on the D: drive. The Quick Restore CDs do not need
the folders.
HH

.206...

Old August 6th 03, 09:50 PM
J. Peterman

I have a compaq laptop with the same cds and a partition called d: that has
a bunch of stuff on it....
Is it safe for me to delete all that stuff as long as I keep hold of my
quick restore cds? There's 2gigs worth of space I could use..
"HH" wrote in message
Ken,
Think of the Recovery CD as "Quick Restore light."
It will restore your 5000T to the original software image, IF the

compressed
Compaq folders are still on the D: drive. The Quick Restore CDs do not

need
the folders.
HH

.206...

Old August 7th 03, 01:32 AM
Alan Kerr

Is it safe for me to delete all that stuff as long as I keep hold of my
quick restore cds? There's 2gigs worth of space I could use..

I had the same problem and decided on fitting a larger (40GB) HDD. I bought
an external USB HDD that I fitted the old 5GB drive into. Great for swapping
stuff between my laptop and desktop (or any desktop). It is great having the
large HDD and the D partition just ain't an issue anymore. I bought an IBM
drive and it was cheap and a breeze to fit.

Alan

"HH" wrote in message
Ken,
Think of the Recovery CD as "Quick Restore light."
It will restore your 5000T to the original software image, IF the

compressed
Compaq folders are still on the D: drive. The Quick Restore CDs do not

need
the folders.
HH

.206...