Acer Aspire 1300 laptop - how to get in!

Old November 24th 03, 12:10 AM
Paul

Default Acer Aspire 1300 laptop - how to get in!

I have an Acer Aspire 1300 laptop with a shattered power socket. I have
removed all the visible screws but it's still connected in the middle
somewhere.

I've tried all the usual places, under keys, the panel below the keyboard
etc. but no luck.

Anybody got any clues? I know what to do once I get in there, but I don't
want to break anything on the way.....

Cheers

Paul

---

Old November 25th 03, 10:27 AM
Paul

Sorted now.... Acer tech support were excellent.

Turns out you have to take off the panel *above* the keyboard, then
dismantle and remove just about everything (LCD, keyboard, fan, CD, floppy,
CPU, etc.) to get through to the vital central screw. Can't think why I
couldn't figure it out...

Typical really - I only want access to the bottom of the motherboard to
solder on a new power jack but that's the very last thing to be made
accessible.

--
Paul

Old December 7th 03, 11:56 AM
tim

on the 1300, this is a common problem with the power socket pin,all that is
required as you mentioned,remove the old one and solder another.Its so easy.

Old April 27th 04, 11:33 PM
dorin

Can anybody name model of this power pin. I can not identify it.