No color to TV

Old November 2nd 04, 08:03 AM
formerly known as 'cat arranger'

Default No color to TV

All of a sudden I'm getting black and white out of
the S-video output. At least I think it's coming from
the card. Any ideas?

Thanks : -)

Old November 2nd 04, 08:59 AM
Falcon Freak

"formerly known as 'cat arranger'" wrote
in message news:JaHhd.197993$a85.194785@fed1read04...

All of a sudden I'm getting black and white out of
the S-video output. At least I think it's coming from
the card. Any ideas?

Thanks : -)

It's because you spelled colour wrong.

FF

Old November 2nd 04, 09:26 AM
John Saunders

Maybe your cable connection is loose at either end.
S-Video sends mono+sync on one wire with colour on
another wire.

Old November 2nd 04, 09:54 AM
Chip

"John Saunders" wrote in message
Maybe your cable connection is loose at either end.
S-Video sends mono+sync on one wire with colour on
another wire.

True. Another possibility is that your TV is expecting a composite video
signal, but you are sending s-video. This is a common problem in the EU
where TV's have SCART sockets that support multiple signal types and the TV
needs to be "told" what sort of signal you are using.

Chip

Old November 2nd 04, 03:13 PM
J. Clarke

formerly known as 'cat arranger' wrote:

All of a sudden I'm getting black and white out of
the S-video output. At least I think it's coming from
the card. Any ideas?

In addition to what's been suggested, try turning off the TV and the
computer, making sure the cable is tight, turning the TV back on, and tne
the computer. If the drivers load with a loose cable sometimes they get
confused about what they're talking to, with the result that you see.

Thanks : -)

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Old November 2nd 04, 04:32 PM
J. Clarke

J. Clarke wrote:

formerly known as 'cat arranger' wrote:

All of a sudden I'm getting black and white out of
the S-video output. At least I think it's coming from
the card. Any ideas?

In addition to what's been suggested, try turning off the TV and the
computer, making sure the cable is tight, turning the TV back on, and tne

That should have been "and then"

Old November 2nd 04, 11:42 PM
Hippy Paul

"John Saunders" wrote in message
Maybe your cable connection is loose at either end.
S-Video sends mono+sync on one wire with colour on
another wire.

"formerly known as 'cat arranger'"
wrote in message news:JaHhd.197993$a85.194785@fed1read04...

All of a sudden I'm getting black and white out of
the S-video output. At least I think it's coming from
the card. Any ideas?

Thanks : -)

Have you got your NTSC or PAL output set up correctly on the computer?

Old November 3rd 04, 01:20 AM
formerly known as 'cat arranger'

"John Saunders" wrote in message
: Maybe your cable connection is loose at either end.
: S-Video sends mono+sync on one wire with colour on
: another wire.
:
:
: "formerly known as 'cat arranger'"
wrote
: in message news:JaHhd.197993$a85.194785@fed1read04...
:
: All of a sudden I'm getting black and white out of
: the S-video output. At least I think it's coming from
: the card. Any ideas?
:
: Thanks : -)
:
:
:
:

It boots in color and goes to the Windows screen in color
and then changes to B&W, while loading drivers, I think.

Old November 3rd 04, 01:22 AM
formerly known as 'cat arranger'

"Chip" wrote in message
:
: "John Saunders" wrote in message
: ...
[...]

It was working fine until I changed monitors and loaded a
new version of the drivers. And it boots in color and then
changes to B&W. I'm hoping it's a setting and I don't have
to go back to older drivers, but that's my next step, if they
are available.