Cooling the brave new world

Old October 19th 04, 11:43 AM
Jonathan Keith

Default Cooling the brave new world

Hello all,

just a quick question - I'm looking forward to building a new PC soon,
along the lines of FX-55, nForce4, 2x6800 ultra SLI.

My only concern is noise - cooling is in all likelihood going to be a
significant issue, and I do want to be able to hear my soundcard's
output without having to turn the dial up to 11 to drown out the
jet-level decibels from the fans in the case.

I haven't been able to find anything about watercooling the SLI-linked
videocards. Does anyone have any info about the possibilities for
this?

Many thanks,

Jonathan
Old October 19th 04, 02:52 PM
Kokoro

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Jonathan Keith ordered an army of
hamsters to type:

Hello all,

just a quick question - I'm looking forward to building a new PC soon,
along the lines of FX-55, nForce4, 2x6800 ultra SLI.

My only concern is noise - cooling is in all likelihood going to be a
significant issue, and I do want to be able to hear my soundcard's
output without having to turn the dial up to 11 to drown out the
jet-level decibels from the fans in the case.

I haven't been able to find anything about watercooling the SLI-linked
videocards. Does anyone have any info about the possibilities for
this?

Many thanks,

Jonathan

wow there are people in this world with an infinite amount of money? Your
other name isnt branson is it?

look at the recommended coolers for the FX-55, they might be quieter than
you think and not all water cooling solutions are quiet, a lot tend to have
the same fans on their radiators. Though there are several fanless water
cooling solutions out there. An advantage of water cooling is that you
wont need lots of case fans.

As for the graphics cards, their fans arent really going to be that loud
anyway.

If you have that much money then why dont you pay someone to do the
research and shopping for you?

Old October 19th 04, 06:18 PM
Chip

"Kokoro" wrote in message
In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Jonathan Keith ordered an army of
hamsters to type:

Hello all,

just a quick question - I'm looking forward to building a new PC soon,
along the lines of FX-55, nForce4, 2x6800 ultra SLI.

My only concern is noise - cooling is in all likelihood going to be a
significant issue, and I do want to be able to hear my soundcard's
output without having to turn the dial up to 11 to drown out the
jet-level decibels from the fans in the case.

I haven't been able to find anything about watercooling the SLI-linked
videocards. Does anyone have any info about the possibilities for
this?

Many thanks,

Jonathan

wow there are people in this world with an infinite amount of money? Your
other name isnt branson is it?

I am looking to build my new PC based on the new FX57 processor. And I will
have 3 6900 Ultra's SLI'ed together. And I have a 9" penis.

Actually none of this is true. I live is a pokey little flat and I have a
486 that will just about do email. But hey, that's usenet for you ;-)

Hint: don't believe everything you read on usenet!

Chip

Old October 19th 04, 06:40 PM

I'm hoping to build a similar system in the coming months. And while you
can't believe everything you read on usenet, you can safely assume that some
computer enthusiasts have the money to afford the high end systems. (If not,
then who is buying them?)

So if all you can provide is a sarcastic remark sparked by your own
inadequacies, then please spare us.

Ken

Old October 19th 04, 06:44 PM

I'm hoping to build a similar system soon myself so I think I can answer
your question:

Doing the research and building the system is half the fun!

From what I've read so far, your advice sounds about right. Even the stock
FX-55 cooler isn't too loud and I've heard the same about the 6800 fan.

Ken

Old October 19th 04, 06:45 PM
Chip

Ken wrote in message ...
I'm hoping to build a similar system in the coming months. And while you
can't believe everything you read on usenet, you can safely assume that
some
computer enthusiasts have the money to afford the high end systems. (If
not,
then who is buying them?)

So if all you can provide is a sarcastic remark sparked by your own
inadequacies, then please spare us.

Ken

Whereas your comment above is much more worthy? Not.

Actually I make no judgement about whether Jonathen is or is not going to
buy / build whatever. Merely the observation that because he *says* he is,
it means very little. And its really not worthy of any envy for exactly
that reason. Not that I have any reason to be envious, since I have
sufficient wealth to buy whatever computer system or components my heart
desires. Unless that's not true of course ;-)

Chip

Old October 19th 04, 07:01 PM

It's nothing personal, it's just that your reply added nothing to the
conversation.

I don't think you are envious nor do I doubt that you could afford to build
such a system yourself. But do you really feel that it needed to be stated
that you can't believe everything you read on usenet? If so, then I
apologize. But my guess is you just wanted to be sarcastic and mention your
genitals.

It's posts like that that often make the usenet unusable.

Ken

Old October 19th 04, 08:38 PM
Chip

Ken wrote in message ...
It's nothing personal, it's just that your reply added nothing to the
conversation.

I don't think you are envious nor do I doubt that you could afford to
build
such a system yourself. But do you really feel that it needed to be stated
that you can't believe everything you read on usenet? If so, then I
apologize. But my guess is you just wanted to be sarcastic and mention
your
genitals.

It's posts like that that often make the usenet unusable.

Ken

Sorry if I offended anyone. I really didn't mean to.

Chip