just got an AMD 64 system and...

Old October 15th 04, 04:22 PM
Anthony

Default just got an AMD 64 system and...

Its awsome but my 3dmark score was only like uhh 337 LOL so I am wondering
if I forgot something. My system specs are the following:

AMD 64 3000+
1 gig 3200 DDR 2
geforce fx 5600 ultra 128mb DDR
gigabyte kns8 motherboard 754 socket

just feels like I forgot to install something I dunno though starwars
galaxies though runs smooth now havent had time to test doom 3 yet though.
PRevious system was a amd 26000+ and to get scores of 5-6k.

Old October 15th 04, 04:43 PM
Richard Dower

"Anthony" wrote in message

I am wondering if I forgot something.

You forgot to get a better graphics card.

Old October 15th 04, 06:32 PM
Anthony

Yeah that is on my to do list. But it worked well on an older system. AH
well benchamark scores dont matter anyway as long as my games are flying i
am happy

Anthony

Old October 15th 04, 07:07 PM
CapFusion

"Anthony" wrote in message
Its awsome but my 3dmark score was only like uhh 337 LOL so I am
wondering if I forgot something. My system specs are the following:

AMD 64 3000+
1 gig 3200 DDR 2
geforce fx 5600 ultra 128mb DDR
gigabyte kns8 motherboard 754 socket

just feels like I forgot to install something I dunno though starwars
galaxies though runs smooth now havent had time to test doom 3 yet though.
PRevious system was a amd 26000+ and to get scores of 5-6k.

FX5600 should score about that range on 3DMark05 [I assumed due to starwars
galaxies description].

CapFusion,...

Old October 15th 04, 07:23 PM
Courseyauto

Yeah that is on my to do list. But it worked well on an older system. AH
well benchamark scores dont matter anyway as long as my games are flying i
am happy

Anthony

Yea ,playing games is a lot more funner than playing benchmaks.
Old October 16th 04, 06:40 PM
Spajky

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:22:00 -0500, "Anthony"
wrote:

AMD 64 3000+
1 gig 3200 DDR 2

"Fsb" speed ??? 200MHz ?

gigabyte kns8 motherboard 754 socket

chipset? nForce3 ?

PS.: can you make mem bench with this please?

The REAL life memory bench 4 true direct comparision with other
sistems /Alt+B/ : WinRAR3.3 :
http://users.volja.net/jerman55/WinRAR33.exe (816kB)

[for example: 40% better result speeds the system for 10% if run mem
in sync with Fsb; if not only for 8%!]

Please post the result here ... TIA ...

--
Regards, SPAJKY ®
E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##
Old October 16th 04, 09:31 PM
@ndrew

Spajky wrote:

PS.: can you make mem bench with this please?

The REAL life memory bench 4 true direct comparision with other
sistems /Alt+B/ : WinRAR3.3 :
http://users.volja.net/jerman55/WinRAR33.exe (816kB)

[for example: 40% better result speeds the system for 10% if run mem
in sync with Fsb; if not only for 8%!]

Please post the result here ... TIA ...

Just a footnote here my AV scanner shows this file has a keypress
logger download and use at your own RISK.

regards

@ndrew
Old October 16th 04, 10:09 PM
Spajky

On 17 Oct 2004 06:21:43 +0950, "@ndrew"
andrewratinternodedotondotnet wrote:

Just a footnote here my AV scanner shows this file has a keypress
logger download and use at your own RISK.

mine NOD does not say anything, could be false positive... but to be
sure, DL-it from www.rarlab.com ..
--
Regards, SPAJKY ®
E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##

Updrade PC Guy Smith General 22 August 15th 04 01:57 AM
Dual processor system vs Single processor system HawkEye_42 General 3 January 27th 04 12:01 PM
Regarding a fix for large system cache in xp LostSoul Ati Videocards 3 January 8th 04 06:56 PM
Multi-boot Windows XP without special software Timothy Daniels General 11 December 12th 03 06:38 AM
Cooling Questions Peter Cavan Overclocking 37 September 2nd 03 06:42 AM