G4 4200 TI 128, AGP 2x or 4X?

Old September 25th 04, 02:16 AM
Sport

Default G4 4200 TI 128, AGP 2x or 4X?

Should this card be running at 2x, I thought that the lowest for this card
was 4x, with the high being an 8x model. My MB will do up to 8x, but this
card which I believe to be the 4x version, shows an AGP bus of 2x in the
nvidia settings tab. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Old September 25th 04, 02:27 AM
Hamish

Sport wrote:
Should this card be running at 2x, I thought that the lowest for this
card was 4x, with the high being an 8x model. My MB will do up to
8x, but this card which I believe to be the 4x version, shows an AGP
bus of 2x in the nvidia settings tab. Can anyone shed some light on
this for me?

Have you checked your BIOS settings?

Some MB's require you to enable 4x or 8x in the BIOS.

Cheers

Hamish

--
Go Strugglers

"I never comment on referees, and I'm not going to break the habit of a
lifetime for that prat"

Old September 25th 04, 02:35 AM
Sport

"Hamish" wrote in message
Sport wrote:
Should this card be running at 2x, I thought that the lowest for this
card was 4x, with the high being an 8x model. My MB will do up to
8x, but this card which I believe to be the 4x version, shows an AGP
bus of 2x in the nvidia settings tab. Can anyone shed some light on
this for me?

Have you checked your BIOS settings?

Some MB's require you to enable 4x or 8x in the BIOS.

Cheers

Hamish

--
Go Strugglers

"I never comment on referees, and I'm not going to break the habit of a
lifetime for that prat"

When I hard coded the setting in the bios to 4X, booted back up and checked
the nvidia settings, it was still reporting 2X.

Old September 25th 04, 03:53 AM
homeboi

1) check your bios to see what mode it is set to
2)download NVhardpage that will be able to reg hack your NVIDIA drivers and
will post and new tab in advanced settings call agp settings and you can
manual set the agp rate to what it should be. download nvhardpage:
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download...66ef0ac55aa615
just hit "I agree" to download. good luck