Drivers for FX5900XT?

Old September 22nd 04, 08:39 PM
Nostrobino

Default Drivers for FX5900XT?

I have been using GeForce3 and 4 cards with the 45.23 drivers and have been
very satisfied.

Now I am building a new system and, after reading comments in this
newsgroup, have just ordered a Leadtek FX5900XT card from NewEgg. I'll be
running it in a GA-7VT600 mainboard with Athlon XP 2400+, 512MB system
memory to begin with.

What are the best all-around drivers for this card?

Old September 23rd 04, 02:56 AM
Lachoneus

What are the best all-around drivers for this card?

61.77, the latest from NVIDIA's web site.

Oddly enough, the 56.something drivers on the CD that came with my eVGA
5900XT card don't work with it.
Old September 23rd 04, 09:03 PM
Nostrobino

"Lachoneus" wrote in message
What are the best all-around drivers for this card?

61.77, the latest from NVIDIA's web site.

Oddly enough, the 56.something drivers on the CD that came with my eVGA
5900XT card don't work with it.

Thanks to both of you. I'll get those right away and I'll be all set.

N.

Old September 25th 04, 10:38 PM
Phuc Tup

I was using 56.72 on my 5900 Ultra, it worked fine. Tried 61.77, my
display shrunk up and left an inch of black screen on the right. Did
system restore, I'm happy to keep what's working.

Old September 26th 04, 11:10 PM
Mr Daisy Marshall

61.77'S
I got a Sparkle 5900XT overclocked at 470/700 with these drivers. No probs
at all :-)

Old September 27th 04, 07:56 PM
CapFusion

"Phuc Tup" wrote in message
I was using 56.72 on my 5900 Ultra, it worked fine. Tried 61.77, my
display shrunk up and left an inch of black screen on the right. Did
system restore, I'm happy to keep what's working.

Try to readjust your monitor setting. Use OSD or knob to adjust it H and V.

CapFusion,...

Old September 27th 04, 11:00 PM
Phuc Tup

Thanks, I may try it, but does that happen often from switching drivers?
The cloned display to my TV looked OK. I've updated the drivers on
this card 2 times previously without any problem like that.
I had an old ATI Rage Pro that would do sort of the same thing, but only
when I ran a TV line out- then my primary monitor display would shrink
up until I disconnected the TV out and rebooted- I think this was normal
for that card.
Some of my biggest computer headaches have come from updating drivers
when I wasn't having a problem in the first place.

Old September 27th 04, 11:38 PM
Phuc Tup

I think I found the problem- I initially used Mozilla Firefox to
download the driver from Nvidia site. It uses a download manager,
nvidia says that may corrupt the file. Downloaded it with Internet
Explorer, no more funny resizing problem, it seems to be working correctly.

Old September 27th 04, 11:44 PM
CapFusion

"Phuc Tup" wrote in message
Thanks, I may try it, but does that happen often from switching drivers?
The cloned display to my TV looked OK. I've updated the drivers on this
card 2 times previously without any problem like that.
I had an old ATI Rage Pro that would do sort of the same thing, but only
when I ran a TV line out- then my primary monitor display would shrink up
until I disconnected the TV out and rebooted- I think this was normal for
that card.
Some of my biggest computer headaches have come from updating drivers when
I wasn't having a problem in the first place.

I can not say for sure or the cause of this. Maybe someone with Engineer /
Electronic or have EE that may have better answer to this.
From what I can tell or IME, most of the time this happen with older
monitor. Newer monitor will happen too but not too often. The monitor will
try to adjust / decode the signal from the source [graphic card] but it may
incorrectly decode and incorrectly display the image. Normally you just
adjust once or twice the setting and should stay without further adjusting.

If you have a digital LCD, there may have an automatic display adjustment
[auto resize] feature.

CapFusion,....