DirectX 9.0c

Old September 18th 04, 02:06 PM
Adam Bennett

Default DirectX 9.0c

Anyone know when or where I can get DirectX 9.0c compatable drivers for
Win98 RIVA TNT2?

Had a look at nvidia.com and they only seem to support DirectX 9.0b.

Is there a sly beta versions available or does anyone know when they will
release the new update?

Old September 18th 04, 04:17 PM
PRIVATE1964

Anyone know when or where I can get DirectX 9.0c compatable drivers for
Win98 RIVA TNT2?

Had a look at nvidia.com and they only seem to support DirectX 9.0b.

Is there a sly beta versions available or does anyone know when they will
release the new update?

I have never seen drivers that were specific for a different DirectX version.
The drivers should work fine with any version IMO.
Old September 18th 04, 05:16 PM
Adam Bennett

Current Driver I'm using is 61.76 and it supports DirectX 9.0b and I can't
get a game working without support for DirectX 9.0c

Doh!

The Windows XP verion supports 9.0c but the Win98 version doesn't :-(

Old September 18th 04, 05:36 PM
GLYTCH

Adam Bennett wrote:
Current Driver I'm using is 61.76 and it supports DirectX 9.0b and I
can't get a game working without support for DirectX 9.0c

Doh!

The Windows XP verion supports 9.0c but the Win98 version doesn't :-(

Try 61.77

Matt

--
The poster previously known as PYRO-Maniak
Gamertag: GLY7CH

Old September 18th 04, 05:40 PM
PRIVATE1964

Current Driver I'm using is 61.76 and it supports DirectX 9.0b and I can't
get a game working without support for DirectX 9.0c

They probably just put that there because the 9.0c version had not come out
yet.

I don't even believe there are any games out that require 9.0c yet so why do
you think you need that version anyway? Your TNT does not even have any support
for DirectX9 features. So having DirectX 9 does nothing for your card. Unless a
game specifically requires a certain version to be installed.

Which game requires 9.0c?

Just because the drivers for Win98 only list DirectX 9.0b does not mean they
won't work OK with 9.0c. They should work fine. It won't effect your card as
far as features are concerned because your card doesn't even have DirectX 9
features.

Am I understanding what your saying right?

Old September 18th 04, 09:03 PM
Biz

If you have a game/app that requires DX9.0c, you arent going to be playing
it on a RIVA TNT2. And probably not on Win98 either. For example, doesnt
DOOM3 only support Win2K/WinXP, meaning no more support for Win9X?

Old September 18th 04, 09:37 PM
Les

"CeeBee" wrote in message
. 6.83...
"Les" wrote in alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia:

"PRIVATE1964" wrote
Which game requires 9.0c?

sims 2

http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=21

There is no mention of the required DirectX version. They're mentioning
the need of minimum hardware specs for non-TnL, such as the TNT2:

If you have a non-T&L capable video card then you need at least:

* 2.0 GHz processor or better
* 256 MB RAM if Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 98, or Windows 2000
* At least 3.5 GB of hard drive space

Which might be a problem for the OP.

My mate just installed it (Sims2), he only had 9.0b installed, it insisted
on 9.0c being installed before proceeding with installation.

Old September 18th 04, 10:30 PM
Phil

"Adam Bennett" xellaphiteATmadasafishDOTcom wrote in message
The game is Sims 2 and it says on the box it supports win98.

Then surely the relavent version of Direct X will be on the CD....?

If you have this installed then it should work...