Far Cry and 6800 GT

Old September 8th 04, 08:28 AM
PurSpyk!!

Default Far Cry and 6800 GT

Hi

New 6800 GT installed with drivers 66.00, the running demo in Far Cry seems
to be blur, I have tried all the settings in the game. During the game the
graphics seems to be OK.

Is this normal? I have not tried any other drivers, do the 66.00 drivers
have problems with Far Cry?

--
Regards

Brett

Old September 8th 04, 08:50 AM
Warty

Do you mean the options screen "movie" running in the back ground?

It's a bink video not a part of the grphics engine.

Try turning texture detail to Max and Mipmap to Max in your control panel.

Warty

Old September 8th 04, 08:59 AM
PurSpyk!!

Hi

Everything is on max, even on all to low seems to make no change. A bit of a
disappointment, having the demo running on my new graphics card with blurry
graphics does not help with my bragging rights.

I have actually switched the running demo off.

Old September 8th 04, 09:21 AM
Nicolai

New 6800 GT installed with drivers 66.00, the running demo in Far Cry seems
to be blur, I have tried all the settings in the game. During the game the
graphics seems to be OK.

Its probably only a mpeg movie - looks bad here too

Is this normal? I have not tried any other drivers, do the 66.00 drivers
have problems with Far Cry?

I'm sure its normail - play the game - it rocks

Old September 8th 04, 02:13 PM
GTX_SlotCar

If you mean the demo loop, it's blurry.

Gary

--
Tweaks & Reviews
www.slottweak.com

Old September 8th 04, 03:39 PM
PurSpyk!!

Hi

Thanks, for a moment I though that I had a configuration or hardware
problem. A pity that it is not nice and clear, it looks very impressive
running in the background, but because of the blurry nature of the demo I
have switched it off and use the static background.