Which BIOS for my nVidia card? help me, I need big help!!!!

Old August 30th 04, 01:25 AM
Papcina

Default Which BIOS for my nVidia card? help me, I need big help!!!!

Hi there!
So, I founded the programs for flashing, made the boot disk and made a
backup of the original ROM.. and now comes problems.
On this page http://whitebunny.demon.nl/hardware/chipset_nvidia.html I
founded the BIOS for my card. It is an ASUS AGP-V3800M with nVidia
RIVA TNT2 Model 64/64Pro chip with 32MB.......(so long :-)))
and the bios for my card would be what???
I can download the BIOS for m64 and m64pro....
and please if you can, download it also (both) and tell me which of
them I should use? In the downloaded files I have more then 4 ROMs.
Which of them is the correct one?
Please help me...

Thanks

regards
--
Proud to be Papcina!!!!
A big hello from Papcina
Old August 30th 04, 01:49 AM
James

I would say the 3..5.00.10 (M64PRO). But that's from reading the
descriptions.

"Papcina" m wrote in
message ...

Old August 30th 04, 01:03 PM
Papcina

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 00:49:43 GMT, "James" wrote
this text which is not true at all :

[...]

yes, but download that file, and in it are 4 ROM files.... which one
of them I need to use?
--
Proud to be Papcina!!!!
A big hello from Papcina

Old August 30th 04, 05:00 PM
Papcina

[...]

I have a question. The original BIOS is 64Kb large.... the BIOS-es I
donwloaded from net are all les then 50Kb.... what now? And the worse
thing, in one downloaded file I have 4 ROM files...so what should I
flash?
Please, anyone help me beacuse I am going desperate and I really need
to flash the card....
--
Proud to be Papcina!!!!
A big hello from Papcina

Old August 30th 04, 06:20 PM
Papcina

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 02:25:48 +0200, Papcina
m wrote this text
which is not true at all :

Hi there!
So, I founded the programs for flashing, made the boot disk and made a
backup of the original ROM.. and now comes problems.
On this page http://whitebunny.demon.nl/hardware/chipset_nvidia.html I
founded the BIOS for my card. It is an ASUS AGP-V3800M with nVidia
RIVA TNT2 Model 64/64Pro chip with 32MB.......(so long :-)))
and the bios for my card would be what???
I can download the BIOS for m64 and m64pro....
and please if you can, download it also (both) and tell me which of
them I should use? In the downloaded files I have more then 4 ROMs.
Which of them is the correct one?
Please help me...

Thanks

regards

hi again...
so I took a shot and flashed my card with a BIOS I found on this site
http://www.x86-secret.com/articles/nvbios.htm#TnT2 (TNT2M64 without
TV-out, bios 3,05.....)
I went in DOS, wrote nvflash -f name-of-bios.rom and.... wtf?!?!?
it gave me this:

bla bla bla.......
file opened succesfully
bla bla bla.......
Warning: ROM file Subsystem ID (0000.0000) doesn't match chip
PCI Subsystem ID (1043.0201)
Error: PCI Subsystem mismatch

Why this happened?
Then I flashed the card with original BIOS and it is OK now...
Can anyone help me? Please?

Regards

P.S.- The BIOS I downloaded is only 38Kb large, and the original is
64Kb......
--
Proud to be Papcina!!!!
A big hello from Papcina
Old September 9th 04, 07:03 PM
Alex Layfield

Yep... I did the same... I have the same card... but when I flashed it... I
got a 16Mb Card! So reflashed to get everything back in order...

I got the same messages tho' and the flash did go thru'...

If you find the right one... drop me a line...

aleX

"Papcina" m wrote in
message ...

Old September 10th 04, 05:54 AM
Papcina

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 19:03:34 +0100, "Alex Layfield"
wrote this text which is not true at
all :

Yep... I did the same... I have the same card... but when I flashed it... I
got a 16Mb Card! So reflashed to get everything back in order...

I got the same messages tho' and the flash did go thru'...

If you find the right one... drop me a line...

aleX

If I find it, be sure I will let you know.... but the problem is that
all of the BIOS I downloaded the nvflash after can't open or gives
that message. And I tried opening that BIOSes with BIOS Editor and
they workedn fine... so wtf???!?! :-))

Regards
--
Proud to be Papcina!!!!
A big hello from Papcina
Old September 10th 04, 07:11 AM
Mal

[...]

why are you trying to flash the rom on your video card?

Old September 10th 04, 09:33 AM
Alex Layfield

The old dangerous boredom...

Seeing if I can sqeeze any thing more out of the card... also I read that
Rivatuner, as excellent as it is, can shorten the card's life as opposed to
a BIOS overclock right from the start...

aleX

Living Life on a Shoestring...

Old September 10th 04, 09:38 AM
Alex Layfield

I also think, Papcina, that if the size of the new BIOS is different... i.e.
38K as opposed to the 64K that's on the card, the nvflash will warn anyhow,
whether it's a good .rom or not...

I too have 4 samples...

aleX

The more one knows, the more confused...