FX5900XT problem!

Old August 23rd 04, 11:24 PM
Fucho

Default FX5900XT problem!

I have problems with my FX5900XT (gainward 1100/ultra GS). 3d mark (both
'01 and '03) either freezes and i have to hard reset my comp or it crashes
to desktop.
I tryed 53.03, 56.55 and 56.72 drivers. I syncronised my 2d and 3d
clocks, i disabled fast write in bios, i tryed running it at safe mode clock
frequencies, even tryed pointing room fan at it with a case open
It does feel a bit warm bit not to hot anyway it is even a bit cooler
then my Gf3 Ti. That leads me to antoher problem. I cant see it's
temperature (should it have a sensor?)
I didn't try any games yet, but i don't think problem would be in 3d mark
only, so i tought first to get it runnig fine and then see if anything else
doesn't work.
Rest of the configuration is athlon 2400+ (not clocked) & 768 mb of ram
on soltek SL-75DRV mainboard, PS is tagan 380W
Tnx for any help you can offer.

Old August 23rd 04, 11:59 PM
Rocky

"Fucho" wrote in message
I have problems with my FX5900XT (gainward 1100/ultra GS). 3d mark

(both
'01 and '03) either freezes and i have to hard reset my comp or it crashes
to desktop.

Have you watched to check the fan is running?

--
Rocky
www.jointopscentral.com | www.ghostrecon.net | www.agr-s.com |

__

Old August 24th 04, 12:26 AM
Fucho

Have you watched to check the fan is running?

It is running.
I have some update to problem description. I reinstalled the card, changed
to VIA hyperion 4in1 v.4.53, i still have the same problem but on one run of
3d mark i got this error: DirectX allows only 65536 vertices per primitive

Old August 24th 04, 12:56 AM
no name

"Fucho" tried to express:
I have problems with my FX5900XT (gainward 1100/ultra GS). 3d mark (both
'01 and '03) either freezes and i have to hard reset my comp or it crashes
to desktop.
I tryed 53.03, 56.55 and 56.72 drivers. I syncronised my 2d and 3d
clocks, i disabled fast write in bios, i tryed running it at safe mode clock
frequencies, even tryed pointing room fan at it with a case open
It does feel a bit warm bit not to hot anyway it is even a bit cooler
then my Gf3 Ti. That leads me to antoher problem. I cant see it's
temperature (should it have a sensor?)

I have a Gainward FX5900 Golden Sample (recently acquired and it seems
to work great). Anyway, if you are in windows check

right click on desktop
click properties
click settings
click advanced
click GeForce

you should then see a tree menu to the left side on the display.
Mine shows a (temperature monitor) tab. It runs around 45 to 50
degrees celcius. The default top end (at which to flag a warning
and throttle back the clock) shows 140 degrees celcius. Their
default cutoff value seems a bit high to me but as long as the
board runs in the 40 to 50 degree range I'm happy.

I don't know if your particular board has a temperature sensor but
check as I listed above for windows. I haven't figured out yet if
I can access the sensor in linux/unix.

Old August 24th 04, 01:10 AM
Fucho

I don't know if your particular board has a temperature sensor but
check as I listed above for windows. I haven't figured out yet if
I can access the sensor in linux/unix.

I use windows and don't have a temperature tab. It looks like some or all
5900xt don't have a sensor.
I used case temp sensor form my MBO to monitor temperature of my old card,
it is an aproximate value but it was close enough, i will do the same with
this card.
However i do not think it is overheating because it had the same problem
even when on safe mode frequencies and with an open case an a room fan
ponted to it.

Old August 24th 04, 06:10 AM
tooly

"Fucho" wrote in message
[...]

Have you run a memtest on your system ram lately?

Old August 24th 04, 06:55 PM
Eric

Silly question maybe, but unlike older cards, this card requires that you
provide it power via a molex plug from your power supply. You have done
that -- right?

Some people have overlooked this simple step. I'm not trying to be snide.

Old August 24th 04, 09:01 PM
Fucho

Silly question maybe, but unlike older cards, this card requires that you
provide it power via a molex plug from your power supply. You have done
that -- right?

Some people have overlooked this simple step. I'm not trying to be snide.

Thank you all for help. I tryed reinstalling my windows today and now it
seems to work. I didn't run a lot of benchmarks yet but i did two in a row
without a crash what would be impossible yesterday.
It seems that i couldn't remove all remains of old drivers and reg keys
form old card. I hope it will not crach anymore, thanx for assistance and i
hope i will not return with more problems.

Help needed with unidentified problem ^MisterJingo^ General 3 November 23rd 04 06:45 AM
ATI Radeon 8500 problem (or the ViewSonice A90f+ monitor problem)?? T.T. Ati Videocards 0 October 9th 04 07:19 PM
Mouse Problem Jeff Homebuilt PC's 0 October 1st 04 06:44 AM
not the same old B&W problem (I don't think) Brian Lee Ati Videocards 0 July 9th 04 01:15 AM
Directx Problem Solved Me Nvidia Videocards 1 August 23rd 03 06:32 AM