What recomendations for under £150

Old August 12th 04, 04:58 PM
Hamish

Default What recomendations for under £150

Greets

I've been using a Sparkle FX5600 for a while now and feel like upgrading, I
would like to stay with an NVIDIA based card as my mate is still having
problems with ATI's.

I would also like to move to a more respected manufacturer, my Sparkle was
ok but I did have to have it replaced once with a dodgy fan.

FX5900 or better is what I'm aiming at, what are out there for my price
range? What is anyone's experience with the card/manufacturer that they
recommend?

I'm not looking for killer performance, but would like to play things like
Farcry and Doom 3 reasonably ( medium or above ).

I may be able to push to £170 at a pinch ;-)

Cheers

Hamish

--
Go Strugglers

In this life there are only two tragedies. One is not getting what one
wants. The other is getting it.

Old August 12th 04, 05:15 PM
OZMAN

If you can wait a month this card may interest you.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/08/11/nvidia_6600_gt/ The GT is reported
to be about $199.00 and the vanilla should be around $149.00. I'm not sure
what that is in pounds.

Old August 12th 04, 09:51 PM
Hamish

OZMAN wrote:
If you can wait a month this card may interest you.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/08/11/nvidia_6600_gt/ The GT is
reported to be about $199.00 and the vanilla should be around
$149.00. I'm not sure what that is in pounds.

Cheers for that, looks good, if I don't get any other feed back I may just
try to hold on.

You know what it's like, got the cash now, don't want to wait another month
;-)

Any-one else got any recomendations?

Cheers

Hamish

Old August 13th 04, 04:23 PM
Granulated

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 21:51:59 +0100 "Hamish" meeped :

OZMAN wrote:
If you can wait a month this card may interest you.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/08/11/nvidia_6600_gt/ The GT is
reported to be about $199.00 and the vanilla should be around
$149.00. I'm not sure what that is in pounds.

Cheers for that, looks good, if I don't get any other feed back I may just
try to hold on.

You know what it's like, got the cash now, don't want to wait another month
;-)

Any-one else got any recomendations?

Cheers

Hamish

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/Product...15&GroupID=330

I know it aint an NV...but...
--

) ___ ______
(__/_____) /) (, / )

Old August 13th 04, 04:40 PM
Hamish

OZMAN wrote:
If you can wait a month this card may interest you.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/08/11/nvidia_6600_gt/ The GT is
reported to be about $199.00 and the vanilla should be around
$149.00. I'm not sure what that is in pounds.

Cheers for that, looks good, if I don't get any other feed back I
may just try to hold on.

You know what it's like, got the cash now, don't want to wait
another month ;-)

Any-one else got any recomendations?

Cheers

Hamish

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/Product...15&GroupID=330

I know it aint an NV...but...

How does it compare to FX5900 or FX5900XT?

I can get a MSI FX5900XT-VTD for £140.94 inc VAT.

Cheers

Hamish