nVidia DVI and ultra high resolutions

Old July 2nd 04, 01:53 AM
Paul Gunson

Default nVidia DVI and ultra high resolutions

on the web page for the Leadtek quadro FX 700:
http://www.leadtek.com.tw/workstatio...fx_700_1.shtml

it says half way down that the card supports up to 3840 x 2400
resolution... but then right beneath that it has resolution limits on
both VGA and DVI which are much lower than that???

what is the highest res (specifically widescreen) that you can go with
nVidia cards and DVI...? i'm thinking of using it with the new apple 23"
cinema screen which now works with DVI (1920 x 1200)

Old July 3rd 04, 03:42 PM
Biz

Actually it reads "NVIDIA Quadro FX products drive FSAA up to a phenomenal
3840x2400 resolution."

That does not mean it does that resolution, it means it attempts to
simulates that resolution with FSAA running I assuming using maxxed out FSAA
settings.

a.. DAC maximum resolution/refresh:
2048 x 1536 x 32 bpp at 75 Hz
a.. Internal single link TMDS (optional DVI-I) with reduced blanking:
1600 x 1200 x 32 bpp at 60 Hz

I believe these are your true res support figures...

Old July 4th 04, 12:34 AM
Jeff B

Paul Gunson wrote:
on the web page for the Leadtek quadro FX 700:
http://www.leadtek.com.tw/workstatio...fx_700_1.shtml

it says half way down that the card supports up to 3840 x 2400
resolution... but then right beneath that it has resolution limits on
both VGA and DVI which are much lower than that???

what is the highest res (specifically widescreen) that you can go with
nVidia cards and DVI...? i'm thinking of using it with the new apple 23"
cinema screen which now works with DVI (1920 x 1200)

Slightly OT, but I have an Apple 23" Cinema. I am dissappointed that it
doesn't work with my BFG 5600U card. It does work with the x800pro.
My concern is that it won't work with the 6800u. I called BFG support,
they had no idea if their 6800U card will work with said monitor.
What cards have you seen this monitor work with?

Jeff B

Old July 4th 04, 03:06 AM
Paul Gunson

Jeff B wrote:

Slightly OT, but I have an Apple 23" Cinema. I am dissappointed that it
doesn't work with my BFG 5600U card. It does work with the x800pro.
My concern is that it won't work with the 6800u. I called BFG support,
they had no idea if their 6800U card will work with said monitor.
What cards have you seen this monitor work with?

do u have one of the original 23" cinema screens...? i've only seen that
on a Mac. the new 20" and 23" cinema screens will work natively with any
DVI card, but now that i've just read that last post i'm not sure if it
will support 1920 x 1200.... hmmm. the 30" cinema screen has to have the
6800Ultra with 2 DVI connections.

Old July 4th 04, 05:33 AM
Jeff B

do u have one of the original 23" cinema screens...?

No, I have the very latest, the "new" one.

i've only seen that
on a Mac. the new 20" and 23" cinema screens will work natively with any
DVI card,

It doesn't work with my BFG 5600u.

but now that i've just read that last post i'm not sure if it
will support 1920 x 1200.... hmmm.

If by "it" you mean the 23 "Apple Cinema HDTV display, yes of course it runs
at it's native res of 1920x1200.

Jeff B