Aopen 5900 bios flash to Leadtek 5950 Ultra?

Old February 26th 04, 10:45 AM
007

Default Aopen 5900 bios flash to Leadtek 5950 Ultra?

Hi all,
I have only just discovered the thread about flashing the bios of the gf
5900 to the 5950. I appreciate that to a lot of you my question my be old
news but...from what I've read people are flashing using the leadtex 5950
ultra bios. Am i right in thinking that some peeps are flashing non leadtek
cards with this bios?
What I'm considering doing is flashing my Aopen 5900 (standard not the LX or
whatever) using the leadtek 5950 bios. Naturally I'll save my old bios first
in case it goes pear shaped...but I am 'reasonably' safe to try this OR will
flashing a different brand bios kill my card?
Appreciate your time in responding.
Pete

Old February 26th 04, 11:52 AM
Darkfalz

"007" wrote in message
Hi all,
I have only just discovered the thread about flashing the bios of the gf
5900 to the 5950. I appreciate that to a lot of you my question my be old
news but...from what I've read people are flashing using the leadtex 5950
ultra bios. Am i right in thinking that some peeps are flashing non

leadtek
cards with this bios?
What I'm considering doing is flashing my Aopen 5900 (standard not the LX

or
whatever) using the leadtek 5950 bios. Naturally I'll save my old bios

first
in case it goes pear shaped...but I am 'reasonably' safe to try this OR

will
flashing a different brand bios kill my card?
Appreciate your time in responding.
Pete

An Ultra is merely an overclocked version of the regular card. Flashing a
BIOS would simply make it operate by default with the higher clock and
memory speed, which it probably couldn't handle. Just use regular
overclocking.

Bios flash woes Tocapet Asus Motherboards 6 January 28th 05 09:59 PM
Alert at bootup Katy Asus Motherboards 3 September 24th 04 01:43 PM
ASUS PC-DL bios disaster biomorphic Asus Motherboards 3 September 22nd 04 02:11 AM
MSI 5900 256MB Ultra - Problem with Dusk Ultra Demo Andrew Koivisto Nvidia Videocards 7 August 12th 03 02:06 PM
Leadtek Geforce 5 5900 Ultra TDH - High pitch noise ! Richard General 0 July 30th 03 02:07 PM