Coolbits and the 56.56 drivers

Old February 24th 04, 11:34 AM
Mmm_Beefy

Default Coolbits and the 56.56 drivers

just installed em the other day, and tonight ran the coolbits reg
hack,
once added, i opened my vid card properties page (right click desktop
etc etc.)
my monitor and tv would flicker a couple times then show my nvidia
settings.

i was using the same coolbits found on guru3d, and also in this ng:
The registry should be modified as follows:
1. Go to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA
Corporation\Global\NvTweak'
key.
2. Add 'CoolBits' value of 'dword' type and set it to '3'.

i changed the 3 to 1 and the flickering stopped, prefs open right up,
and offer the same amount of items.

JIC anyone else is/has this prob.
Old February 24th 04, 03:22 PM
PurSpyk!!

Hi

I noticed the same, but with coolbits set to 1, I lost the overclocking
page. It seems that this is what is causing the flicker

Regards

Brett
om...

Old February 25th 04, 06:32 AM
Mmm_Beefy

"PurSpyk!!" wrote in message . ..
Hi

I noticed the same, but with coolbits set to 1, I lost the overclocking
page. It seems that this is what is causing the flicker

Regards

Brett
"Mmm_Beefy" wrote in message
om...
just installed em the other day, and tonight ran the coolbits reg
hack,
once added, i opened my vid card properties page (right click desktop
etc etc.)
my monitor and tv would flicker a couple times then show my nvidia
settings.

i was using the same coolbits found on guru3d, and also in this ng:
The registry should be modified as follows:
1. Go to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA
Corporation\Global\NvTweak'
key.
2. Add 'CoolBits' value of 'dword' type and set it to '3'.

i changed the 3 to 1 and the flickering stopped, prefs open right up,
and offer the same amount of items.

JIC anyone else is/has this prob.

DOH, your right, it was rather late, and i was squinting at the screen
and didnt notice that lol, sorry.

that aside, this is a good tip for those of us who want the extra d3d
stuff, but dont overclock the card