Are nvidia cards good enough for ASCII games?

Old January 21st 04, 09:00 AM
Alberto Panno-Peano

Default Are nvidia cards good enough for ASCII games?

There are many top games with ASCII graphics, but I fear that nvdia
cards cannot handle these games since I had problems running
Pacman,Ms.Pacman, Dig Dug and Moon Patrol on nvidia cards.

So I fear that Rogue probably won´t run.

Any suggestions ?
Old January 21st 04, 01:19 PM
NuT CrAcKeR

Invest in a good ISA based CGA card for those demanding, high performance
8bit games.

As for playing Rogue... what card family are you talking about ?

NuTs

om...

Old January 21st 04, 01:54 PM
J. Clarke

Alberto Panno-Peano wrote:

There are many top games with ASCII graphics, but I fear that nvdia
cards cannot handle these games since I had problems running
Pacman,Ms.Pacman, Dig Dug and Moon Patrol on nvidia cards.

So I fear that Rogue probably won´t run.

Any suggestions ?

There's only one _right_ set up for Rogue--a VAX with a VT100 and BSD.
Should be able to get a great Rogue setup off of ebay for under 50 bucks.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Old January 21st 04, 07:43 PM
procerus

"Alberto Panno-Peano" wrote in message
om...
There are many top games with ASCII graphics, but I fear that nvdia
cards cannot handle these games since I had problems running
Pacman,Ms.Pacman, Dig Dug and Moon Patrol on nvidia cards.

So I fear that Rogue probably won´t run.

Any suggestions ?

VBEPlus -
http://www.voodoofiles.com/2389
?

HTH
procerus

Old January 23rd 04, 04:23 PM
Tal Fucus

"Alberto Panno-Peano" wrote in message
om...
There are many top games with ASCII graphics, but I fear that nvdia
cards cannot handle these games since I had problems running
Pacman,Ms.Pacman, Dig Dug and Moon Patrol on nvidia cards.

So I fear that Rogue probably won´t run.

Any suggestions ?

Try looking in the junk yards (Or in Africa :-) for an old XT or AT computer
I used to play those TOP GAMES 10 years ago ...........

Good Luck,
Tal