Cooling fans problems

Old January 21st 04, 04:25 AM
JC

Default Cooling fans problems

hi
I have this Asylum FX5900 (NU) , it seems to be working, but I noticed that now when I
start playing my game, UT2k3, the cooling fans will stop working!! This is recent
behavior, the drivers are 53.03 and speeds are stock! OS is WinXP Pro.
Any idea what could be causing this and how to fix it ??
TIA

JC

Old January 21st 04, 04:55 AM
Robert Gault

JC wrote:

hi
I have this Asylum FX5900 (NU) , it seems to be working, but I noticed that now when I
start playing my game, UT2k3, the cooling fans will stop working!! This is recent
behavior, the drivers are 53.03 and speeds are stock! OS is WinXP Pro.
Any idea what could be causing this and how to fix it ??
TIA

JC

Perhaps a marginal power supply. When the video card is going full
blast, it may not be able to power the fan.

Old January 21st 04, 05:03 AM
JC

Thank you Robert, the PSU is not the problem I think, it is an Enermax 435 watts.
But I did installed a newer set of driver, 53.04 and it seems to have fixed the problem.
But thank you for taking your time to answer.
Cheers

JC

Old January 21st 04, 01:56 PM
J. Clarke

JC wrote:

Thank you Robert, the PSU is not the problem I think, it is an Enermax 435
watts. But I did installed a newer set of driver, 53.04 and it seems to
have fixed the problem. But thank you for taking your time to answer.
Cheers

Do ALL the fans quit working or just the fan on the video board? I'm
curioius about this as I can't imagine any software problem that would shut
down all the cooling fans in a machine. Of course I don't run my fans off
the motherboard . . .

JC

"Robert Gault" wrote in message
| JC wrote:
|
| hi
| I have this Asylum FX5900 (NU) , it seems to be working, but I noticed
| that now when I start playing my game, UT2k3, the cooling fans will
| stop working!! This is recent behavior, the drivers are 53.03 and
| speeds are stock! OS is WinXP Pro. Any idea what could be causing this
| and how to fix it ?? TIA
|
| JC

| http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
| -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----
|
| Perhaps a marginal power supply. When the video card is going full
| blast, it may not be able to power the fan.

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Old January 21st 04, 03:20 PM
JC

J. it was only the video card fans that stoped. I always keep my computer side door off,
and wihle playing I noticed the FPS getting real slow, quick look and fan are not working
(noticed easy since this card, Asylum has blue leds on each fan). Only reboor would get
them back running. Now with the new drivers it seems ok. I am guessing the drivers got
corrupted somehow ??

JC

"J. Clarke" wrote in message

| Do ALL the fans quit working or just the fan on the video board? I'm
| curioius about this as I can't imagine any software problem that would shut
| down all the cooling fans in a machine. Of course I don't run my fans off
| the motherboard . . .
|

| | JC wrote:
| |
| | hi
| | I have this Asylum FX5900 (NU) , it seems to be working, but I noticed
| | that now when I start playing my game, UT2k3, the cooling fans will
| | stop working!! This is recent behavior, the drivers are 53.03 and
| | speeds are stock! OS is WinXP Pro. Any idea what could be causing this
| | and how to fix it ?? TIA
| |

Old January 21st 04, 03:53 PM
J. Clarke

JC wrote:

J. it was only the video card fans that stoped. I always keep my computer
side door off, and wihle playing I noticed the FPS getting real slow,
quick look and fan are not working (noticed easy since this card, Asylum
has blue leds on each fan). Only reboor would get them back running. Now
with the new drivers it seems ok. I am guessing the drivers got corrupted
somehow ??

Probably. Hope it keeps working.

JC

"J. Clarke" wrote in message

| Do ALL the fans quit working or just the fan on the video board? I'm
| curioius about this as I can't imagine any software problem that would
| shut
| down all the cooling fans in a machine. Of course I don't run my fans
| off the motherboard . . .

| |

Old January 21st 04, 09:04 PM
DaveL

There was a driver problem when using 4.xx with the higher powered FX cards
where the fan would shut down when a 3d screensaver was run. I believe
Nvidia fixed that issue with the 5.xx drivers though. Still, it might be a
driver issue. You might try reseating the card and reloading the video
driver.

Dave

Old February 10th 04, 06:14 AM
Dedet

hello
If the fan is using a 2 pin connector and not worried about noise you can
just hook it up to a fan spliter cable so you can be sure it is working 100%
"JC" wrote in message
hi
I have this Asylum FX5900 (NU) , it seems to be working, but I noticed

that now when I
start playing my game, UT2k3, the cooling fans will stop working!! This is

recent
behavior, the drivers are 53.03 and speeds are stock! OS is WinXP Pro.
Any idea what could be causing this and how to fix it ??
TIA

JC

PC power and cooling fans KJ Wright Homebuilt PC's 1 October 13th 03 07:12 AM
PC POwer and Cooling Fans..Opinions KJ Wright Overclocking AMD Processors 0 October 13th 03 05:45 AM
Fan Controller and Fan causes floppy drive failure Andrew Diamond Overclocking 25 September 19th 03 07:51 AM
Cooling Questions Peter Cavan General 35 September 2nd 03 06:42 AM
Cooling Fans jms General 2 August 9th 03 05:45 PM