Does Gainward FX5900 ultra support DX9

Old January 15th 04, 08:43 AM
Paul Hobson

Default Does Gainward FX5900 ultra support DX9

I assume the Gainward FX5900 ultra supports DX9 because it is prefixed with
FX.

What's confusing me is that it does not list DX9 as a feature on the UK
website but it does list it as a feature for the 5950.
Also, in the driver section they provide a link to the 40 series drivers for
the 5900 but a link to the 50 series drivers for the 5950, 5700 and 5600xt's
?

Perhaps I am confused too easily ??

Old January 15th 04, 09:20 PM
Eltjar

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 08:43:04 +0000 (UTC), "Paul Hobson"
wrote:

I assume the Gainward FX5900 ultra supports DX9 because it is prefixed with
FX.

What's confusing me is that it does not list DX9 as a feature on the UK
website but it does list it as a feature for the 5950.
Also, in the driver section they provide a link to the 40 series drivers for
the 5900 but a link to the 50 series drivers for the 5950, 5700 and 5600xt's
?

Perhaps I am confused too easily ??

All FX cards have Limited DX9 support ATI cards have better DX9 Support..

@ william "ATI Dick Sucker" bell

Gosh...stupid ****in' ATI fanboy asshole - why don't you just shut up or die !!!
The next time, just answer the ****in question correctly and keep your opinion where it belongs -
up in your stupid ass...you dumb**** !!!

@ original Poster

The answer is of course - YES !! The used Geforce FX chip (NV35) offers full range DX9.x support. I have the normal Version of this card and ist performs outstanding. Also these FX cards from Gainward have a great overclocking potential. Go for it - can't make anything wrong !

Greetings, Eltjar
Old January 17th 04, 10:17 AM
Darthy

wrote:

I assume the Gainward FX5900 ultra supports DX9 because it is prefixed with
FX.

What's confusing me is that it does not list DX9 as a feature on the UK
website but it does list it as a feature for the 5950.
Also, in the driver section they provide a link to the 40 series drivers for
the 5900 but a link to the 50 series drivers for the 5950, 5700 and 5600xt's

All FX (GF5) cards have DX9 support.

But I'd choose another brand over gainward. MSI, ASUS, ABIT, and
more.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!
Old January 19th 04, 03:05 PM
tom

william bell wrote in
:

All FX cards have Limited DX9 support ATI cards have better DX9
Support..

you are totaly wrong !!! DX9 has limited FX support ;o)

/tom
Old January 19th 04, 06:12 PM
John Lewis

wrote:

I assume the Gainward FX5900 ultra supports DX9 because it is prefixed with
FX.

What's confusing me is that it does not list DX9 as a feature on the UK
website but it does list it as a feature for the 5950.

The 5950 is only a speed-souped-up 5900Ultra. Functionality has not
changed.

Also, in the driver section they provide a link to the 40 series drivers for
the 5900 but a link to the 50 series drivers for the 5950, 5700 and 5600xt's
?

Probably forgot to add the link, as I suspect the 5950 has now
replaced the 5900 as their top-of-the-line card, and they are
probably no longer manufacturing the 5900, like many
other manufacturers. Not to worry, this happens all the time.
As long as you have a good replacement warranty from
Gainward, don't worry, be happy.

Just download the 53.03 ( winXP) or 53.04 ( 98, ME) driver from the
nVidia website and install it on your 5900Ultra. Should work just
fine.

I do not believe that Gainward customized the electronics in any
way that prevented the nVidia driver being 100% operational
on their 5900.

You can wait for a reply from a Gainward 5900 or 5900Ultra owner, if
you have not already bought the card.

Perhaps I am confused too easily ??

Yes, but don't worry, be happy...........

John Lewis
Old January 19th 04, 08:40 PM
Jeremy Stanley

All FX cards have Limited DX9 support ATI cards have better DX9
Support..

FX cards actually have more flexible DX9 shaders than ATI's offerings.
See he

http://anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1749&p=3

This is why it's said that ATI supports PS 2.0 and GFFX supports PS
2.0+.

ATI's DX9 shaders are less feature rich than NVIDIA's, but they seem
to be faster, at least in HL2 and 3DMark03.