Got dirt-bagged on Ebay

Old January 14th 04, 06:58 AM
DaveL

Default Got dirt-bagged on Ebay

I just got in a GF3 I bought on Ebay. It was supposed to be a Gainward
ti550. But instead it's a GF3 basic with VIVO and no cables. On top of
that, it has a bad fan. I took it apart and got the fan working with some
TV tuner cleaner but still I'm a little ****ed. The guy even had the gall
to wait 5 working days before shipping it so it took longer to get here than
it should have.

I've never had a bad experience on Ebay before. I'm not really sure this
classifies as one. I guess I could have been completely ripped off. This
guy only has one feedback and it's good. I'm not sure I should slam him.

Dave

Old January 14th 04, 07:47 AM
Mark A

"DaveL" wrote in message
I just got in a GF3 I bought on Ebay. It was supposed to be a Gainward
ti550. But instead it's a GF3 basic with VIVO and no cables. On top of
that, it has a bad fan. I took it apart and got the fan working with some
TV tuner cleaner but still I'm a little ****ed. The guy even had the gall
to wait 5 working days before shipping it so it took longer to get here

than
it should have.

I've never had a bad experience on Ebay before. I'm not really sure this
classifies as one. I guess I could have been completely ripped off. This
guy only has one feedback and it's good. I'm not sure I should slam him.

Dave

Only one previous feedback is not sufficient to know whether he is a good
ebay seller.

Old January 14th 04, 08:38 AM
Andrew

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 22:58:19 -0800, "DaveL"
wrote:

I've never had a bad experience on Ebay before. I'm not really sure this
classifies as one. I guess I could have been completely ripped off. This
guy only has one feedback and it's good. I'm not sure I should slam him.

That depends on how the lot was described. Have you explained your
grievances to the seller?
please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.
Old January 14th 04, 08:45 AM
Cuzman

"DaveL" wrote in message

" I've never had a bad experience on Ebay before. I'm not really sure this
classifies as one. I guess I could have been completely ripped off. This
guy only has one feedback and it's good. I'm not sure I should slam him. "

I would complain directly to the seller first. Then, if you feel they won't
correct the situation, leave negative feedback.

Old January 14th 04, 09:36 AM
Darthy

wrote:

I just got in a GF3 I bought on Ebay. It was supposed to be a Gainward
ti550. But instead it's a GF3 basic with VIVO and no cables. On top of
that, it has a bad fan. I took it apart and got the fan working with some
TV tuner cleaner but still I'm a little ****ed. The guy even had the gall
to wait 5 working days before shipping it so it took longer to get here than
it should have.

He's a prick.

I've never had a bad experience on Ebay before. I'm not really sure this
classifies as one. I guess I could have been completely ripped off. This
guy only has one feedback and it's good. I'm not sure I should slam him.

Is it still a Gainward?

Keep in mind that Gainward has funky model names. (They call ALL
their **** cards "Ultras", even when they are NOT).

- He could have said the FAN was bad.
- How much you pay? $40 tops I hope.
- Considering current games, the difference between the GF3 plain and
GF-Ti200 is very minimal.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!
Old January 14th 04, 10:56 AM
Carl

In this news forum,
DaveL exclaimed to the world in his special way:

I just got in a GF3 I bought on Ebay. It was supposed to be a
Gainward ti550. But instead it's a GF3 basic with VIVO and no
cables. On top of that, it has a bad fan. I took it apart and got
the fan working with some TV tuner cleaner but still I'm a little
****ed. The guy even had the gall to wait 5 working days before
shipping it so it took longer to get here than it should have.

I've never had a bad experience on Ebay before. I'm not really sure
this classifies as one. I guess I could have been completely ripped
off. This guy only has one feedback and it's good. I'm not sure I
should slam him.

Dave

Dave, I have sold all my previous faultless graphics card on Ebay. They
have to be in good working order and any flaws or faults should be
mentioned. They should also be accurately and fully described.

Leave negative feedback. The seller has the option of replying to it. Then
demand a refund from him. Doesn't matter haw many previous feedback
comments he has - we all have to start somewhere and this shouldn't put
people off bidding, but in his case I think he's ****ed into the wind. Then
report him to ebay for selling products that he knew were faulty. It all
depends how he wrote up the item for selling.

~Carl

Old January 14th 04, 12:23 PM
Andrew

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:56:53 -0000, "Carl" wrote:

Leave negative feedback. The seller has the option of replying to it. Then
demand a refund from him. Doesn't matter haw many previous feedback
comments he has - we all have to start somewhere and this shouldn't put
people off bidding, but in his case I think he's ****ed into the wind. Then
report him to ebay for selling products that he knew were faulty. It all
depends how he wrote up the item for selling.

Leaving negative feedback before communicating with the seller is very
rude. I would be very annoyed if someone ruined my 100% positive
feedback record just because they couldn't be bothered to talk to me.
I am not saying the seller in this case doesn't probably deserve
negative feedback, but the OP should talk to him first pointing out
that he will leave negative feedback if the matter isn't resolved to
his satisfaction.
please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.
Old January 14th 04, 01:15 PM
John Fraser

Good morning Dave;

"DaveL" wrote in message
I just got in a GF3 I bought on Ebay. It was supposed to be a Gainward
ti550. But instead it's a GF3 basic with VIVO and no cables. On top of
that, it has a bad fan. I took it apart and got the fan working with some
TV tuner cleaner but still I'm a little ****ed. The guy even had the gall
to wait 5 working days before shipping it so it took longer to get here

than
it should have.

Before you complain, verify that what you were sent was not what was
advertised. Contact the vendor and explain the difference.

I've never had a bad experience on Ebay before. I'm not really sure this
classifies as one. I guess I could have been completely ripped off. This
guy only has one feedback and it's good. I'm not sure I should slam him.

Dave

Before you leave any negative feedback, try resolving the issue first by
directly contacting the vendor. Sometimes mistakes happen. That will be
your judgement call to make and how to make a final resolution be it praise
or criticism.

Cheers,
John

Old January 14th 04, 03:25 PM
DaveL

Thank you all. I have emailed the seller with my grievance. I don't mind
keeping the card as is but I think he should credit back some money to my
paypal account to make up for the bad fan and the fact that I received a
lesser model than was represented in the ad. I'll let you all know how it
turns out.

Dave

Old January 14th 04, 07:19 PM
jeffc

"DaveL" wrote in message
I just got in a GF3 I bought on Ebay. It was supposed to be a Gainward
ti550. But instead it's a GF3 basic with VIVO and no cables. On top of
that, it has a bad fan. I took it apart and got the fan working with some
TV tuner cleaner but still I'm a little ****ed. The guy even had the gall
to wait 5 working days before shipping it so it took longer to get here

than
it should have.

I've never had a bad experience on Ebay before. I'm not really sure this
classifies as one. I guess I could have been completely ripped off. This
guy only has one feedback and it's good. I'm not sure I should slam him.

Of course you should slam him. How will the next guy know? I've done a lot
of eBay transactions and have had a truly bad experience yet. Once I got
something that wasn't quite as advertised, which he refunded, and once,
coincidentally, I got a nVidia video card with a bad fan. He said it was
working fine when he packaged, so we split the cost of a new one. He had
lots of good feedback though. I do have a comment on feedback though.
First, email and tell your complaint. If he's a jerk, definitely give bad
feedback. But ABOVE ALL, check feedback first, carefully. Only 1 feedback
and you are definitely taking your chances. What I truly can't understand -
and this applies to Amazon at least as much as eBay - is how did that tenth
bad feedback get there? I mean, when someone sees 9, why the hell do they
ORDER???? THIS is why people get away with things - at least after the
first time.

Rare signed prototype of a GUS ACE soundcard for sale at ebay...... Roel de Wit General 1 December 14th 04 04:15 AM
HP iPaq 5550 for sale on ebay Bruce D. Brown General 0 August 28th 04 10:30 PM
Fraud on ebay? Skid Ati Videocards 22 February 9th 04 08:58 AM
Used eBay BFG Geforce4 Ti 4200... how to determine if defective? Harold Corbin Nvidia Videocards 2 December 4th 03 01:59 PM
eBay scumbag crook- lruff5965 JAD Homebuilt PC's 10 September 10th 03 09:48 PM