Need help deciding on a video card>>

Old December 17th 03, 05:59 PM
Tyler

Default Need help deciding on a video card>>

I have an Nvidia Ti4200 (not the 8X) and have noticed on games like
Max Payne 2 if I turn on any of the anitialiasing or antisotropic
filtering the game really starts to slow down. I don't want to spend
for the highest end card on the market so I was debating between the
Radeon 9800 pro 128mb vs Nvidia GX-5900 128MB.

1) Are either of these cards going to make a noticeable difference
over the Nvidia Ti4200 or should I be looking at a higher end card?

2) Which is the faster/better card between the Radeon 9800 pro 128mb
or Nvidia FX-5900 128MB?
Old December 17th 03, 08:13 PM
Derek Wildstar

"Tyler" wrote in message
om...

I have an Nvidia Ti4200 (not the 8X) and have noticed on games like
Max Payne 2 if I turn on any of the anitialiasing or antisotropic
filtering the game really starts to slow down. I don't want to spend
for the highest end card on the market so I was debating between the
Radeon 9800 pro 128mb vs Nvidia GX-5900 128MB.

1) Are either of these cards going to make a noticeable difference
over the Nvidia Ti4200 or should I be looking at a higher end card?

Both of these cards should provide you with frame rates that you are used to
with your GeForce4, with the added bonus of supplying better IQ (image
quality) at those rates.

2) Which is the faster/better card between the Radeon 9800 pro 128mb
or Nvidia FX-5900 128MB?

With Max Payne 2, I'd posit ATI has the speed lead with this DX8 title,
considering it's greater ability to process vs/ps 1.4.

However, I would recommend the newer 5900XT over the 9800, for cost and
overall satisfaction with that title.