Which Det's for Ti4200?

Old December 8th 03, 04:55 PM
Darren Owen

Default Which Det's for Ti4200?

As a support techie I usually work by the assumption that if there's a
new driver available for a product I should use it, but I'm starting
to think this mantra is flawed when applied to Nvidia Det drivers.

My system;

ASUS P4PE mobo
P4 2.4ghz o/c'd to 2.53
Win Xp home
Dx9
SB Audigy Player
512 PC2700 RAM
Leadtek WinFast A250 LE TD 64mb using Det's/Fware 52.16

I play online games such as MOHAA and Call of Duty and performance is
good, but do I need the newer drivers seeing as I'm not using a DX9
card? Should I use Driver Cleaner to clean out the 52.16 and go back
to Dets 42.** or 44.**?

Thanks,

Darren
Old December 8th 03, 05:16 PM
DaveL

I'm using 44.03 with excellent results. I've heard 45.xx work well too but
I have not tried them.

Dave

m...

Old December 8th 03, 05:37 PM
Lenny

I play online games such as MOHAA and Call of Duty and performance is
good, but do I need the newer drivers seeing as I'm not using a DX9
card?

Yes. There's still bug fixes and feature improvements in newer drivers that
will apply to older products.

Old December 8th 03, 06:45 PM
Granulated

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 17:37:59 GMT "Lenny" meeped :

I play online games such as MOHAA and Call of Duty and performance is
good, but do I need the newer drivers seeing as I'm not using a DX9
card?

Yes. There's still bug fixes and feature improvements in newer drivers that
will apply to older products.

...plus the new nview stuff...

I had good improvements in most games..but took them out because of the well
know problem caused by the combination of certain cards with the 5x.xx and the
Enemy Territory in-game Punkbuster.

Old December 9th 03, 02:46 AM
Billy_Bat

"DaveW" wrote in message
I would recommend using 45.23. It's very stable with older cards.

--
DaveW

Hey! My car may be old, ('87 Corolla) but I've had my Ti4200 for less than a
year.

--
Good Luck!
BB

Old December 9th 03, 09:54 AM
Darren Owen

Thanks for your advice all, looks like 4X.XX might be better for me
Old December 9th 03, 10:03 AM
Lenny

I would recommend using 45.23. It's very stable with older cards.

I would recommend the latest available from Nvidia's site.

Why faff around with ancient drivers? Just download the new and go.

Old December 9th 03, 02:50 PM
PRIVATE1964

I would recommend the latest available from Nvidia's site.

Why faff around with ancient drivers? Just download the new and go.

Go with the 44.03's I've tried many of the drivers, even the newer revisions
and have always gone back to them for speed and stability.

The newest drivers are optimized more for the newest cards and the older cards
seem to lose more peformance because of that fact.
Old December 9th 03, 02:58 PM
Phil

Wrong! There are too many GF4 users having problems with the 52.16 drivers,
for it to be a coincidence. In addition to that, performance is
significantly reduced for GF4 chipsets when going from 44.x or 45.x to
52.16 - in 3dMark2001 my score drops by several hundred points when going
from 45.23 to 52.16. Suffice it to say, I will continue to use the 45.23
drivers with my Ti4200.

-phil