GeForce4 440

Old November 6th 03, 09:04 AM
KEN

Default GeForce4 440

some post ago, I asked about GF4 FX5200 if it's better of mine or not...but
now..
I've Geforce4 440 128 Mb and I'm playing on Pro evolution Soccer 3 (Konami)
but I play only with medium detail in 640x480 for a better play.
So I tried to overclock my GF4MX 440 to core=300Mhz and 400 Mhz for
memory...i dont see a GOOD increase of performance...just a little.
So, I ask U if someone could suggest me how tweak with Riva Tuner or Geforce
Tweaker my videocard for a better play...
Some friends play with this demo with Radeon 8500 and AMD Athlon 1000 to
800x600!
How is possible????
My CPu is PIV2400 and I've 512Mb - wXP pro!
Thanx

ps could is possible that demo version are worster than complte version
about performance???

Old November 6th 03, 01:56 PM
phobos

KEN wrote:

some post ago, I asked about GF4 FX5200 if it's better of mine or not...but
now..
I've Geforce4 440 128 Mb and I'm playing on Pro evolution Soccer 3 (Konami)
but I play only with medium detail in 640x480 for a better play.
So I tried to overclock my GF4MX 440 to core=300Mhz and 400 Mhz for
memory...i dont see a GOOD increase of performance...just a little.
So, I ask U if someone could suggest me how tweak with Riva Tuner or Geforce
Tweaker my videocard for a better play...
Some friends play with this demo with Radeon 8500 and AMD Athlon 1000 to
800x600!
How is possible????
My CPu is PIV2400 and I've 512Mb - wXP pro!
Thanx

ps could is possible that demo version are worster than complte version
about performance???

Not sure about your game, but from a pure hardware comparison, the
Radeon 8500 is VERY much faster than a GF4 MX 440. A Geforce 4 MX is
really only a GF2 in disguise. Strange eh?

Well it's very underpowered and I'm not surprised your friend's is
faster even with a slow processor. There is onething you can try other
than ditching the MX...

Download a program called 3dAnalyze from http://www.tommti-systems.de/

Use it to try forcing Software T&L if the game uses hardware T&L. Why?
Using the vertex processing abilities of your card can be slower than
a fast CPU (like your P4), so forcing Direct3D HAL mode instead of
Direct3D T&L can be faster. It'll also free up some of your video card
for extra fillrate since the GPU registers aren't processing geometry
directly.

Old November 6th 03, 02:05 PM
Harricio Sally

I am attempting to install the drivers for this geforce. WindowsXp Pro says
that they are "Unsigned". I installed anyway as no other choice was
available. Now I have a non functional computer which started with
instability and then failure to boot.

Blue screen hex dump.

I can boot into safe mode but a refresh install of the driver isn't fixing
the non bootable issue.

I intend today to take the video card back to "Frys" due to the non signed
aspect of the drivers. But if someone reads this and has some ideas, I
would appreciate any input.

Old November 6th 03, 05:53 PM
Dark Avenger

"KEN" wrote in message ...
some post ago, I asked about GF4 FX5200 if it's better of mine or not...but
now..
I've Geforce4 440 128 Mb and I'm playing on Pro evolution Soccer 3 (Konami)
but I play only with medium detail in 640x480 for a better play.
So I tried to overclock my GF4MX 440 to core=300Mhz and 400 Mhz for
memory...i dont see a GOOD increase of performance...just a little.
So, I ask U if someone could suggest me how tweak with Riva Tuner or Geforce
Tweaker my videocard for a better play...
Some friends play with this demo with Radeon 8500 and AMD Athlon 1000 to
800x600!
How is possible????
My CPu is PIV2400 and I've 512Mb - wXP pro!
Thanx

ps could is possible that demo version are worster than complte version
about performance???

Is your GFX 5200 an Ultra or an Non-ultra ...is it using an 64-bits
memory bus or an 128bits memory bus.

In the worst case you have an Non Ultra with an 64-bits memory bus, I
tell you...don't expect any performance from those cards....

I fear that you have fallen in the "FX cards are hot and fast" speech
of a salesmen....
Old November 6th 03, 06:17 PM
Yeeyoh

Hi I'd try setting the resolution higher, see if that makes a difference.
I'd also try differnt drivers. I had a G4 440 and I found the 44.03 set of
drivers worked great with them.
If your card is an Agp card you should bea ble to get some half decent
game play out of it. Especially with that computer.
Maybe you have a bios setting off or something?
Good luck
"Dark Avenger" wrote in message
om...

Old November 7th 03, 07:33 AM
Darthy

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 10:04:24 +0100, "KEN" wrote:

some post ago, I asked about GF4 FX5200 if it's better of mine or not...but
now..
I've Geforce4 440 128 Mb and I'm playing on Pro evolution Soccer 3 (Konami)
but I play only with medium detail in 640x480 for a better play.
So I tried to overclock my GF4MX 440 to core=300Mhz and 400 Mhz for
memory...i dont see a GOOD increase of performance...just a little.
So, I ask U if someone could suggest me how tweak with Riva Tuner or Geforce
Tweaker my videocard for a better play...
Some friends play with this demo with Radeon 8500 and AMD Athlon 1000 to
800x600!
How is possible????
My CPu is PIV2400 and I've 512Mb - wXP pro!
Thanx

I play all games in at least 1024x768 or higher. A 5200 is not that
much of an upgrade. but your P4 should give you a bit more horse
power... Get a $150 ATI 9600PRO or 5700/5600 Ultra. $160~200.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!