card comparisons

Old November 1st 03, 01:41 AM
Alan

Default card comparisons

how much faster is a geforce 4 mx 440 compared to a geforce 2 mx 100?

thanks for the help

alan

Old November 1st 03, 01:57 AM
phobos

Alan wrote:

how much faster is a geforce 4 mx 440 compared to a geforce 2 mx 100?

thanks for the help

alan

It's a step up, like the difference between a Geforce 2 GTS and a GF2
MX. But I'd forget about it unless someone's just giving it to you.
Pony up a few bucks and at least get a GF4 TI4200 or GFX 5200 if you
need bargain card. Most places sell them for about the same amount and
an ol' GF4 MX 440 isn't worth 75 or so bucks most shops ask.

Old November 1st 03, 02:34 AM
Helion

Hard to accurately answer but the GF2/MX has a avg. core clock of 175 MHz
whereas the GF4/MX440 is at 270 MHz. The other factor is what type memory
is on each card, some have SDR and others DDR. The MX440 is also made in a
SE edition which is slower than the original 440. Best way is to compare
actual brands and models since there are so many variations. Generally the
440 should be faster, although not significantly.

Old November 1st 03, 01:06 PM
Darthy

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 00:41:07 +0000 (UTC), "Alan"
wrote:

how much faster is a geforce 4 mx 440 compared to a geforce 2 mx 100?

About 4-8 fold in speed.... depending on WHICH 440 (440 or 440se
"Slower Edition") and CPU.

The GF2mx 400 (or original) was a decent performance for the $150 and
less market when it was NEW (3 years ago). The MX200 was fine for
desktop - but total crap for gaming. You can imagine where the MX100
stood (I guess a 16mb version?) It was sold only to OEM market.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!
Old November 1st 03, 04:19 PM
Alan

how much faster is a geforce 4 mx 440 compared to a geforce 2 mx 100?

About 4-8 fold in speed.... depending on WHICH 440 (440 or 440se
"Slower Edition") and CPU.

The GF2mx 400 (or original) was a decent performance for the $150 and
less market when it was NEW (3 years ago). The MX200 was fine for
desktop - but total crap for gaming. You can imagine where the MX100
stood (I guess a 16mb version?) It was sold only to OEM market.

ok thanks for all the help offered here
im just asking cus my freind is still using a GF2MX100 64MB apg card and im
using a geforce 4 mx 440 (se?)(overclocked to 293 core 371 memory) still got
loads left but my cpu cant use much more power)
i asked because like i say a freind has an mx100 and any new games run very
laggy (smooth but laggy) if you run at any resolution or with AA os AN
switched on whereas i can run with high res AA and AN with no enourmous
performance change (only using a slow processor so all games are cpu limited
anyway)

alan

Old November 2nd 03, 11:10 AM
Darthy

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 15:19:44 +0000 (UTC), "Alan"
wrote:

[...]

Well... its to be expected on a non-gaming card like that.