i dont know much

Old October 31st 03, 09:21 PM
Looking_For _Corpses

Default i dont know much

I have a nVIDIA RIVA TNT2 MODEL 64
graphics card. But all my games run on that
'software rendering' thing. There's no other
option and there should be one right? I installed
all the drivers. So like i said i dont know much,
but any help would be kewl!

thanx

Old October 31st 03, 11:56 PM
Allan Dwyer

Are you running games in a Window. You may need to be in full screen mode
for hardware acceleration. Try Alt/Enter to go into full screen mode and see
if that helps. Also, check your games to see if they are selecting the
NVidia TNT card or if you have software rendering selected.

If you listed some of your games, others could confirm the settings.

Good Luck

Old November 1st 03, 01:15 AM
Looking_For _Corpses

I play in full screen mode, but it still uses my
software thing instead if the hardware one.
Im playing Max Payne 1 and 2 mostly, and
Im trying to get Tony Hawks 4 to work...

Old November 1st 03, 01:52 AM
Shepİ

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 22:21:35 +0200, Knowing that it was a Hollywood
invention that lemmings jump off cliffs "Looking_For _Corpses"
wrote :

I have a nVIDIA RIVA TNT2 MODEL 64
graphics card. But all my games run on that
'software rendering' thing. There's no other
option and there should be one right? I installed
all the drivers. So like i said i dont know much,
but any help would be kewl!

thanx

Try some better drivers,
http://download.guru3d.com/detonator/
and also look for updated mother board AGP drivers.
Post full hardware spec and operating system used.

--
Free Windows/PC help,
email shepATpartyheld.de
Old November 1st 03, 02:09 AM
phobos

Looking_For _Corpses wrote:

I have a nVIDIA RIVA TNT2 MODEL 64
graphics card. But all my games run on that
'software rendering' thing. There's no other
option and there should be one right? I installed
all the drivers. So like i said i dont know much,
but any help would be kewl!

thanx

In short, you need to run your games under what's called an "accelerated
API". Like Direct 3D or OpenGL.

If you see a game that runs under "DirectX 8" or "DX9", then it runs
under accelerated Direct3D.

Download an install the latest reference drivers from NVIDIA
(www.nvidia.com), go through the card selector and download the drivers
appropriate for your TNT2.

Even though your card is old and limited, you can still run under what's
called "Direct3D HAL" mode and OpenGL should just run without a problem.

Games like Unreal Tournament and such often give you the choice of
selecting D3d or OpenGL at startup, or configuring it through the menus.
If you have a problem with a specific game, please post back to the group.

Old November 1st 03, 07:04 AM
Looking_For _Corpses

wrote :

I have a nVIDIA RIVA TNT2 MODEL 64
graphics card. But all my games run on that
'software rendering' thing. There's no other
option and there should be one right? I installed
all the drivers. So like i said i dont know much,
but any help would be kewl!

thanx

Try some better drivers,
http://download.guru3d.com/detonator/
and also look for updated mother board AGP drivers.
Post full hardware spec and operating system used.

--
Free Windows/PC help,
email shepATpartyheld.de
Free songs download,

Ok, there's a whole lot of versions! : / I'm running Windows XP

Old November 1st 03, 11:55 AM
Shawk

"phobos" wrote in message
Looking_For _Corpses wrote:

[...]

Also go to 'start' 'run' and type dxdiag and tell us what the results of the
tests are.

Old November 1st 03, 02:51 PM
Shepİ

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 08:04:32 +0200, Knowing that it was a Hollywood
invention that lemmings jump off cliffs "Looking_For _Corpses"
wrote :

.. .
wrote :

I have a nVIDIA RIVA TNT2 MODEL 64
graphics card. But all my games run on that
'software rendering' thing. There's no other
option and there should be one right? I installed
all the drivers. So like i said i dont know much,
but any help would be kewl!

thanx

Try some better drivers,
http://download.guru3d.com/detonator/
and also look for updated mother board AGP drivers.
Post full hardware spec and operating system used.

Ok, there's a whole lot of versions! : / I'm running Windows XP

I've found the 44.03 to be very stable in win98 and XP.
Also whilst there get Rivatuner and use that to go through all the
settings as it has a hidden registry checker that can fix problems.
It may be best also whilst there to get a,"Detonator" cleaner and
remove all traces before trying the updated drivers

--
Free Windows/PC help,
email shepATpartyheld.de
Old November 1st 03, 11:39 PM
Looking_For _Corpses

"phobos" wrote in message
Looking_For _Corpses wrote:

[...]

When I start up Tony Hawks 4 the screen flashes a couple of
times and i get this message - "Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
4 was unable to initialize graphics engine"

Old November 2nd 03, 12:45 AM
Lebowski

"phobos" wrote in message
Looking_For _Corpses wrote:

[...]

Does your graphics card meet the minimum system requirements? The TNT's a
pretty old card now and the game has some pretty steep minimum requirements.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
PII-800, 256MB RAM
700MB HDD Free
32MB 3D accelerator

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM
PIII-1000, 512MB RAM

I have a 128mb GF4 ti4200, 768mb ram and an AMD 2400+XP cpu and the Tony
Hawk 4 PC Demo runs fine, but I recall that it needs something like a
minimum of a GeForce2 or better. Is your TNT a 32mb card?