Audigy 2 Wont Work!

Old October 28th 03, 12:37 AM
vince

Default Audigy 2 Wont Work!

First off my system uses an Asus motherboard. And I am running WIndows
XP professional. I recently bought a Audigy 2 OEM version sound card.
I installed it and all I get is jumbled noises when theres supposed to
be sound.. also it still says theres an unknown PCI-Input device not
installed, even though it is installed. Also when the card is
connected to any pci slot I cant reboot my computer!( I can shutdown
fine but when I reboot it just hangs..) I then installed the card on
another system which was also running windows xp pro AND IT WORKED
FINE! The only difference I could think of was that my machine has an
Nvidia Video Card and an Asus Motherboard, and my chip has
hyperthreading technology. SO... does anyone know how to fix this
problem.... is the card broken? I dont think so... is there a way to
check if my pci slots are broken or something.. any help would be
great. Its been 5 days of tryng to get this damn card working
Old October 28th 03, 12:52 AM
Carl

vince wrote:
[...]

What card did u upgrade from? The Audigy2 cards can be a real pain and I
speak from experience. I recently upgraded from a SB Live! and the damn
thing wouldn't work properly.

In the end I uninstalled it and remove every single trace of creatives
software on my rig, inc registry editing. The Aud2 card works fine now. U
could be having software conflict probs from the old card and absolutely
everything needs to be removed from your rig in relation to it. Could be a
mobo prob too...

My GF FX5800 does not conflict with soundcard and I'm not aware there are
compatability issues over this. Check with Asus forums, support sites to see
if it could well be your mobo.

Good luck,

~Carl

Old October 28th 03, 03:06 AM
vince

"Carl" wrote in message ...
vince wrote:
[...]

"Just onboard sound"

Old October 28th 03, 01:31 PM
chainbreaker

vince wrote:
What card did u upgrade from? The Audigy2 cards can be a real pain
and I
speak from experience. I recently upgraded from a SB Live! and the
damn
thing wouldn't work properly.

"Just onboard sound"

You need to make sure you've disabled the onboard sound device and it still
would be a good idea to remove its drivers, even if they're not Creative's.
--
chainbreaker

If you need to email, then chainbreaker (naturally) at comcast dot
net--that's "net" not "com"--should do it.

Old October 28th 03, 10:44 PM
vince

"chainbreaker" wrote in message ...
vince wrote:
What card did u upgrade from? The Audigy2 cards can be a real pain
and I
speak from experience. I recently upgraded from a SB Live! and the
damn
thing wouldn't work properly.

"Just onboard sound"

You need to make sure you've disabled the onboard sound device and it still
would be a good idea to remove its drivers, even if they're not Creative's.

"Did that, it still doesnt work"